Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Potential Is250 Owner

So I have been looking for an IS250 for a few months now. I have been looking for an SE-L model between the ages of 2006 to 2010. I have seen various ones but not yet bought anything.

Last week however I seen an F-Sport model and I immediately knew it was the one. I have not yet bought it as I do not like to rush these kind of things. I have been doing my last little bits of research and I am now starting to doubt my choice of an IS250.

A few things are bothering me:

1. Is the F-Sport worth the premium over the SE-L? From what I understand there is not much difference between the 2

2. Until now performance has always been a buying point for me. I have only ever bought performance cars ( i.e. VTEC/ V6's/ VVTLI etc) + manual gearbox. I decided for my next car to go auto but after reading up about the performance of the IS250, I’m worried I'm going to hate how slow the car is! - Not that I go around street racing but still, its sometimes nice to have the ability to put some power down on occasions.

3. Used to have a 3.5 litre V6, avg MPG was roughly 19. Purely city driving, what MPG should I expect to get in the IS250. (My current car does 24mpg - I’m not too bothered about this but it would be nice to know.

4. Lastly, 13k for an F-Sport with 50000K miles, one owner etc etc. Is this reasonable or am I better off waiting?

I hate these second thoughts because after months of looking I thought I had found the perfect car for me. Can anyone help me out and put my issues to bed.

Thanks.

The one for 13k with 51k on clock is that one in lexus Leeds nice blue only thing f sport don't have is cooled seats or full leather it's half leather apart from that everything is same as se l but I rather get se l for cooled seats in summer its great keeps ur backside from sweating as I currently have se l model even advance model don't have cooled seats, can't understand why not????? As u will pay more for advance,f sport model then se-l model but choice is urs depends on ur budget

• Like 1

Hi Ash and welcome to the LOC, we are a
friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and
put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer
left over.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins
looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later

I cant help with your present queries
but I'm sure someone will be along ASAP.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike.

HI, Welcome to the club

In terms of performance - you'd have to take a test drive as its quite a subjective thing. IS250 feels fairly quick to me - but I came from a manual 2 litre NA petrol Mondeo - Id describe it as having good overtaking ability and useful amount of power for the road, without being an absolute rocket ship

For MPG - I get 30mpg with sensible normal driving, mostly A roads. On a Mway run I can see pushing 40mpg.

Hi ashyk36,

Allow me to help you on this as I was in the exact position as you before i bought my F sport 2010 IS250.

1. The F sport compared to a SEL, you dont get the rear sunblind, air-con seats (you get heated), normal suspension, full leather seats. However the F sport comes with spoiler, multispoke alloy wheels, alcantara seats with leather bolsters, sports suspension, f sport steering wheel, pedals and gearstick. Mine came with the memory steering wheel that retracts away, sat nav and Mark Levinson audio (must have IMO). Both are the same 2.5L V6 engine.

2. I came from sports cars and it all depends on your situation/preference. My last car was a EP3, it was quick, can be driven hard and not a problem, the only problem for me is i dont drive it hard nor drive it daily. This is my first AUTO car and it is so smooth and easy to drive (AUTO is best on the IS250), performance wise its not slow but its not very fast either (0-60 approx 8.4 secs on paper but feels quicker than this). I need a 4/5 door car as i got my first kid on the way so i wanted something sporty yet refined, comfy and some gadgets. If i wanted speed then I would've went for the ISF or anything that can go under 5 secs to 60.

3. City driving I am getting approx 22-24mpg, if there are some motorway then approx 24-27mpg, if mostly motorway then approx 32mpg. When i got the car first time, it was showing 31+ mpg average, i've never hit 30mpg before as I rarely do motorway miles nowadays but these cars are built for motorway cruising.

4. I paid 12.3k for mine, 50k miles, 2 owners, car is immaculate. There are alot of minor changes on the IS250, for me, 2010 was the recent change hence the F sport was made then i think it was the 'advance' models with the newer front bumper (get less equipment though!).

So to recap, the IS250 is perfect for me as I didnt want an Audi/BMW/Merc and the wife is happy. Impreza, Evo, MPS, M3, ISF, etc was on the list but were taken off for a number of 'grown up' reasons lol.

The best advice would be to go test drive one and make your mind up, the car may be awesome for me but it might not be for you.

• Like 1

Hmm - I see what you mean.

It must have decent torque though right? (Considering the engine is a V6)

Id say not particularly now that 2 litre turbos are the norm (BMW, Ford Ecoboost, IS200t) - but a competitive figure for equivalent engines such as BMW 2.5 straight 6

its releative - Ive recenly had a Volvo S80 D4 hire car - and after a couple of weeks in that the IS250 fely a bit weedy low down for first few miles.

IS250 = 186 ft·lbf @4800 rpm (same as BMW N52 2.5 straight 6 that was in the last 3 series)

S80 D4 = 295lb ft (same 0-60 on paper as IS250, but apart from big slug of low down torque in the Volvo, Lexus feels faster overall)

But the IS is a far more satisfying drive.

Like Cracksta I find the IS250 is perfect for me - wonderfully smooth powertrain, refined, great V6 noise and some good oomph when you want it - but its no sports car - cos its not designed to be.

"its not slow but its not very fast either (0-60 approx 8.4 secs on paper but feels quicker than this)" - Id agree 100%

If u live near Leeds or willing to travel go to lexus Leeds and test drive u won't b disappointed got f sport with 51k for 13000 nice dark blue, I haven't sold mine yet otherwise would have travel from London to test drive it maybe buy it

I am in exactly the same position as what you find yourself in.

How long have you owned your IS for?

Hi ashyk36,

Allow me to help you on this as I was in the exact position as you before i bought my F sport 2010 IS250.

1. The F sport compared to a SEL, you dont get the rear sunblind, air-con seats (you get heated), normal suspension, full leather seats. However the F sport comes with spoiler, multispoke alloy wheels, alcantara seats with leather bolsters, sports suspension, f sport steering wheel, pedals and gearstick. Mine came with the memory steering wheel that retracts away, sat nav and Mark Levinson audio (must have IMO). Both are the same 2.5L V6 engine.

2. I came from sports cars and it all depends on your situation/preference. My last car was a EP3, it was quick, can be driven hard and not a problem, the only problem for me is i dont drive it hard nor drive it daily. This is my first AUTO car and it is so smooth and easy to drive (AUTO is best on the IS250), performance wise its not slow but its not very fast either (0-60 approx 8.4 secs on paper but feels quicker than this). I need a 4/5 door car as i got my first kid on the way so i wanted something sporty yet refined, comfy and some gadgets. If i wanted speed then I would've went for the ISF or anything that can go under 5 secs to 60.

3. City driving I am getting approx 22-24mpg, if there are some motorway then approx 24-27mpg, if mostly motorway then approx 32mpg. When i got the car first time, it was showing 31+ mpg average, i've never hit 30mpg before as I rarely do motorway miles nowadays but these cars are built for motorway cruising.

4. I paid 12.3k for mine, 50k miles, 2 owners, car is immaculate. There are alot of minor changes on the IS250, for me, 2010 was the recent change hence the F sport was made then i think it was the 'advance' models with the newer front bumper (get less equipment though!).

So to recap, the IS250 is perfect for me as I didnt want an Audi/BMW/Merc and the wife is happy. Impreza, Evo, MPS, M3, ISF, etc was on the list but were taken off for a number of 'grown up' reasons lol.

The best advice would be to go test drive one and make your mind up, the car may be awesome for me but it might not be for you.

I have owned mine for 2 yrs only reason selling it is dpf had it cleaned once v nice car to drive but don't do enough miles to keep dpf clean it's got 91824 on clock will get is250 most probably se l of air con seats but will test drive f sport aswell

The mileage isn't really the issue in my opinion. Particularly if, like me, you only cover 6k or 7k miles pa.

A full, regular service history every 10k and just one or two owners would be good.

Hopefully the price reflects the mileage too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links