Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Short "whirring" Noise

Hi everyone,

I am driving an IS250 2009 model. From time to time I hear a short "whirring" noise from beneath the dashboard. It sounds like the on-board computer adjusting something. It's not loud or anything and it does not happen all the time but once you hear it, it does get irritating after a while.

I was wondering whether the sound is from the automatic mode of the aircon adjusting the vents? It seems to happen only when brakes are applied.

Pls advise if anyone has encountered this. Thanks.

I dont have this sound at all on my is250 f sport 2010.

I dont use the auto climate control either as it turns my aircon on (i should read up how it works), i have it off, set the temp i want and speed and thats it. I dont even turn the auto air filter thing on (when it decides to switch from air outside or recirculate).

I'm pretty sure that the 'auto air filter thing' is actually just temperature related - ie when the temp in the car falls below what's set, it switches to recirc to get the temp up quickly, then when it's at set temp it switches to fresh air.

I see it switching now and again as I've had it set to auto for a while to see what happens. I can't relate it at all to nasty niffs or dust!

Thanks for the comments. I switched off the aircon automatic mode as well as the auto mode that regulates the air circulation. Unfortunately I still get the short whirr sounds off and on, as if the computer is making adjustments.

I guess one way is to turn the music up in the car. That way I don't hear the little noises at all....haha...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links