Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rear Cabin Changes

When i ordered my new IS200T I noticed some good and bad changes from my 2011 IS250 when sitting in the back of the car. Firstly there is a bit more room which is good. However I also noticed there is no ash tray (i don't smoke but it's a good little storage area), and you CANNOT turn off the rear air vents? Isn't that ridiculous? So, the passengers are constantly going to have air in their faces if they don't want to. The rear of the front seat pockets look cheap- no longer have the soft stretchy material. No rear electric blind even in the Premier!

I guess my biggest complaint is the rear vents- cost cutting i guess- surely a wheel type switch is only about £1?! Would there be a way to over come this from the front controls?

I guess my biggest complaint is the rear vents- cost cutting i guess- surely a wheel type switch is only about £1?! Would there be a way to over come this from the front controls?

Yep, it can be done from the main controls.

My gosh you complain too much. Read the manual.

Firstly the rear vent can be closed completely if clicked all the way to the right/left depending on if it is rigjt/left vent

Also the S flow will turn off vents in the rear

My gosh you complain too much. Read the manual.

Firstly the rear vent can be closed completely if clicked all the way to the right/left depending on if it is rigjt/left vent

Also the S flow will turn off vents in the rear

The nature of a forum is to ask questions and pass comments, good and bad. I have not taken delivery of the IS200t yet but noticed what i commented on below. Not a complaint- someone's clearly feeling a little precious and assumptive! So no, i can't read the manual as i don't have the car yet. Thanks for clarifying it can be done in your roundabout way.

Yep, it can be done from the main controls.

Great, that's good to know. Thanks for your simple, friendly response!

Well how can you assume the rear vents don't close without fiddling about with it then? Just because there's no knob you can't assume it doesn't close without using it can you?

The manual is also available online for free and you did say "I guess my biggest complaint is........"

Perhaps I'm being overly critical but that's what I do for a living so there you go.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links