Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Incase Some Poor Sod On Here Might Be Interested In Buying This

Hi John and welcome to the LOC, we are a
friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and
put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer
left over.

We do our best to keep members educated with info on as many Lexus that we know about and do alert people

to any dogs/lemons that keep popping up for sale. Beware Beware Beware.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins
looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Have a happy Christmas and a very Happy
Lexus New Year.

Regards Mike.

Thanks Mike. I've been reading up for a while. I had a tired old gs3000 for a month as a stop gap and loved it so I thought I'd go for an ls now. There's a gold ls430 on Gumtree in Ireland that's look ok. Not sure on colour though.also a blue one on eBay in Wales.

I thought something looked familiar... the location of this seller.

A while back I sold my beloved Soarer V8 on eBay.

A buyer from Dudley won it.

I drove up - quite a journey - and then of course he started to knock down the auction price, based on

its paint work condition.

Desperate for the cash and tired too, I reluctantly accepted.

Then it was back on eBay, listed by him, in glowing terms, a few days later.

( I can see it as part of his feedback when he sold it on ).

The seller's 'name' threw me - but looking at his name 'history', I can see he has changed it 3-4 times, and I recognise what he was then, in terms of his name.

It broke my heart.

Personally ... I would not trust him?

I drove up - quite a journey - and then of course he started to knock down the auction price, based on

The seller's 'name' threw me - but looking at his name 'history', I can see he has changed it 3-4 times, and I recognise what he weas then, in terms of his name.

It broke my heart.

Lesson to be learned here, having invested all that time and fuel getting to him, you were ripe for the picking, in terms of lowering your price, rather than having to drive back with nothing.

He, of course, would have insisted on full payment, plus a delivery fee in advance of making the trip, had he been the seller.

Better still, let the buyer invest in travelling to you, then you have the upper hand. :)

• Like 1

The seller's 'name' threw me - but looking at his name 'history', I can see he has changed it 3-4 times, and I recognise what he weas then, in terms of his name.

It broke my heart.

That's his MO to a tee. Mike.

Thanks for the heads up. Also new to the forum and looking to buy a V8 Lexus (GS or LS)

Welcome John, I've never been in a GS, but can thoroughly recommend a MKIV LS400.

I'm a shocker for changing my cars, but have now had my LS for about three years, a new record for me, and no plans to get rid any time soon.

Get a good example, and you'll love it.

I am still on the lookout for an LS430, preferably in grey... saw this on same site, - seems quite cheap... - I asked the seller a few questions, but haven't had a reply 172039755016

Also this one which has been for sale on eBay for quite a while now (you start to wonder why) 301818762257

There's actually not many for sale at the moment, I am presuming that it's just the time of year....

I am still on the lookout for an LS430, preferably in grey... saw this on same site, - seems quite cheap... - I asked the seller a few questions, but haven't had a reply 172039755016

Also this one which has been for sale on ebay for quite a while now (you start to wonder why) 301818762257

There's actually not many for sale at the moment, I am presuming that it's just the time of year....

They both seem to have a decent MOT history. Both worth looking at with the 1st one being cheaper and down on miles by about 30K. You need to see an actual invoice that the timing belt has been done and not just a sticker in the engine bay. Good luck Mike.

Thanks Mike - I hadn't actually thought of looking through the MOTs online. I see that the first one is reporting the rear suspension looking "visually" low.... hmmmmm... - this car does seem comparatively cheaply priced.

Also an MOT one year was completely missed.

As for the second one,.... all MOTs present and hardly any advisories, - apart from "under trays fitted which are obscuring thorough inspection". I wonder if this helps with the problems such as water getting into the parking sensors and suspension height monitors (can't remember the name) which seem to fail often..? Could be a good thing....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links