Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Led Headlights? When?

Does anyone know if/when full LED headlights will be fitted to the IS in place of the current HIDs?

LEDs are available on all other Lexus models, and also on the IS outside the UK, and given that it is now Lexus' best seller over here, it seems odd that it is not yet available with LED headlights...

post-43015-0-59873100-1451488000_thumb.j

i have them on my IS300H F-Sport. the intensity and "whiteness"of the light is Ok ,but the length of the beam is not far enough. driving on a dark B road you have to adapt your speed or swicth to highbeam which is not always possible. In town OK but i will switch them for Xenon immediately.

• Like 1

i have them on my IS300H F-Sport. the intensity and "whiteness"of the light is Ok ,but the length of the beam is not far enough. driving on a dark B road you have to adapt your speed or swicth to highbeam which is not always possible. In town OK but i will switch them for Xenon immediately.

I think the length of the beam is due to the lower design of the car. On my RX the length of the LED beam is great and outshines pretty much every other car on the road to the point of people moving over on motorways at night almost immediately.

With the RX I can imagine it won't dazzle other drivers as much as the beam will be set lower to get the same distance due to the lights being higher in the first place. On the IS if they put the beam higher, it'll dazzle other road users.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
26 minutes ago, Dougiec1984 said:

I recently contacted Lexus direct about this and they said due to different lighting regulations here in the uk the twin projectors can not be fitted onto uk spec Lexus is

That doesn't really makes sense considering RC has LED headlights and it is built on IS base...

On 27/07/2016 at 0:22 PM, Dougiec1984 said:

i agree and I'm really gutted as the twin projectors look better don't they. Just what lexus told me:mellow:

Well they're wrong. 

Firstly because I think only 1 of the LEDs lights up at night and also because my RX has twin LED headlights which both light up

On 27 July 2016 at 3:06 PM, Linas.P said:

That doesn't really makes sense considering RC has LED headlights and it is built on IS base...

It has a different headlight design though. Obviously a vehicle can have full LED lights, Lexus and Toyota have vehicles that do, but maybe not with IS design.

18 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

It has a different headlight design though. Obviously a vehicle can have full LED lights, Lexus and Toyota have vehicles that do, but maybe not with IS design.

Thats is true - meaning to put LED lights they should use different design on IS, which they already use in other markets.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links