Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, I will be collecting a 2006 LS430 in just over a week. It just scrapes inside the cheaper car tax cut-off thankfully!

I had a couple of questions:

- does the Bluetooth work with the Iphone 6 plus for phone calls? I saw a thread where someone was having problems and I didn't check it sadly.

- what is the best way to route in the audio into the stereo from an Iphone?

- what are the preferred tyres for both handling and noise (I think it had pirellis on it from memory, but obviously want to make sure I have the best when it comes to change them)

Thank you for your help, and I am really looking forward to getting the car home and wafting along in comfort :)

It will be used for longer journeys as I already have a couple of sports cars (Porsche & Ferrari - both great but obviously a lot louder!), so wanted something to contrast that with lots of comfort quietness, soft ride etc. that I can pile the miles on where necessary.

Yes iPhone6 does connect I couldn't get it to connect at first but I just kept having ago at it and got it connected. Just can't transfer phone book seems you have to do this manually which I've not done yet. Hope you enjoy your 430 I'm sure you will. Ps mine is the 6plus. Phil

• Like 1

have a read hear regarding an aftermarket alternative.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/106375-ipod-kit-installed-in-1hour-and-5-mins-ls460/

the car Bluetooth is a bit of a headache - the sound quality is not that good either especially at the other end - i have never used it

• Like 1

Hi John and welcome to the LOC, we are a
friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and
put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer
left over.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins
looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later

I cant help with your present queries
but I'm sure someone will be along ASAP.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike.

• Like 1

have a read hear regarding an aftermarket alternative.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/106375-ipod-kit-installed-in-1hour-and-5-mins-ls460/

the car bluetooth is a bit of a headache - the sound quality is not that good either especially at the other end - i have never used it

Bluetooth tech has come on leaps and bounds in last 5 or so years, so a lot of systems from the early days of Bluetooth to around 2007/2008 were a bit hit and miss (and some were plain cr*p)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Small update, I have had a full correction detail done on the car from Ed at Devine Detail. He does amazing work! Full picture story of the detail here. He's based in Coulsdon.

Let me know what you think!  I think it's a real transformation.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/105375-one-seriously-swirled-black-lexus/#entry1580482

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PJD said:

Wow, that was seriously worth it!  Coulsdon S.London?  How much did he charge out of interest?  I am thinking of getting my interior done...

Yes, Coulsdon CR5 just south of London. You can find his rates on his site:

http://www.divinedetail.co.uk

The level he gave me was the Divine level, his top level detail. So not cheap, but I think actually good good value personally when you consider the amount of work done and the fact the car is now coated in Kamikaze ISM so should be a lot easier to clean.

I just really liked the car so wanted to get it into better shape - it deserved it! I wanted to start ownership from a good place rather than have it all swirled/someone else's dirt Etc.

To me, he's a step beyond detailing on this occasion - perhaps not quite full on restoration, but restoration without painting panels!

I have no affiliation but can only recommend what he offers. I was so impressed with the results all my cars are going in. Never normally had cars detailed before now, but with the right person I can now see the value in doing it.

That was just an amazing result. I am seriously tempted. Having had a look at his forum page http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/217-divine-detail/ he deals with some seriously expensive metal. I was surprised he was also doing brand new cars and I thought you wouldn't make much difference but I was amazed at just how big the difference was. Mike

Bluetooth connection is ok and I have managed to transfer my whole phone book automatically rather than one by one (android Motorola X)... But it did take a few goes and some persistence. Downside is if the phone signal strength is weak the car speaker diverts back to phone earpiece even though Bluetooth is still connected and I have to press phone speaker to hear the other person.

I stream music via a sun visor FM transmitter, jabra cruiser 2. It connects to my phone via Bluetooth and I select an FM channel that is free. Works for me rather than look to hard wire anything.

Hope that helps

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So now all you've just got to do is keep it looking like that  :) - that ISM will make it much easier to clean and should last a long time... - did he advise you on products and maintenance?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oldboy said:

Bluetooth connection is ok and I have managed to transfer my whole phone book automatically rather than one by one (android Motorola X)... But it did take a few goes and some persistence. Downside is if the phone signal strength is weak the car speaker diverts back to phone earpiece even though Bluetooth is still connected and I have to press phone speaker to hear the other person.

I stream music via a sun visor FM transmitter, jabra cruiser 2. It connects to my phone via Bluetooth and I select an FM channel that is free. Works for me rather than look to hard wire anything.

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. I got Bluetooth working.

I'm an audio guy, so don't like the idea of using an FM transmitter, but may have to if it's the only way.

Do love the stereo in the car - it's brilliant and not too processed sounding thankfully.

Am I right in thinking it's easier to add some kind of Aux in to the post 2004 models (mine is 2006)?

I suppose I'd probably have to disable the cd changer to do this?

1 hour ago, PJD said:

So now all you've just got to do is keep it looking like that  :) - that ISM will make it much easier to clean and should last a long time... - did he advise you on products and maintenance?

Yes! Lol. Wish me luck with that :)

Apparently the advantage with ISM is it's easier to wash, and I should be able to return it to similar condition.... He's given me some washing advice. It's best to pat-dry with towels as well to reduce swirls etc I think.

ISM apparently beads for a long time - he has a customer with an M5 that lives outside and still beads water after 18months!

Interesting that Lexus paint is known for being soft.

6 hours ago, Malc said:

....  seeing his maybe max price of @£900  ........... not a lot less than what many of our cars are worth maybe :yahoo:

Malc

Bill not £900 thankfully!

These cars are an absolute bargain for the level of luxury you get, aren't they!

In that case, the cost of detailing seems reasonable.  There must be a hell of a lot of work involved, plus materials, and I'd have thought you could recoup some or most of it if you sold the car.  Wouldn't be worth it for mine, though - and maybe not yours, Malc.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links