Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking At Getting A Ct200H

Mbay

Currently have an is250 57 plate.

It's costing a fair few quid to run. I love it loads and would be gutted to see it go but needs must.

Looking at a Toyota auris hybrid but the ct200h is way more nice.

Anyways, I've seen this ct200h on auto trader. Probably going to be my price range due to the price I hope to get for the is.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201512069270268

Yes I know high mileage but has sat nav etc which would be desirable.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The CT is better quality both externally and internally. Materials much better quality.

I personally wouldn't bother with sat nav - you can get a tom tom with lifetime updates for £80.

There are threads on here already containing what to look out for - which is not much but worth searching for.

Good luck with your purchase.

i personally wouldn't buy a car with that milage on the clock ever but that is just me

when you start getting to intergalactic milage you have to expect you may have problems

at some point as nothing lasts forever and issues will be costly to put right,does it have a

full lexus service history as that would put my mind more at ease knowing it had been looked after properly.

you need to drive the car and see if it feels right and make sure everything works properly.

As above, thats crazy mileage. In the tests that a german magazine did, the CT was solid at 100k but nearly double that is something new altogether,

I wouldn't be spending £6k on something with 190k miles, you're better off getting something older but with 70k miles.

It looks like the base model with a sat nav. I have never seen that interior colour scheme. I drive the base model which has a space saver added along with the thinner 16" wheels ( to give better ride quality) also retro fitted cruise control. I too am not impressed with the number of complaints on this forum about the sat nav. I dont have the factory sat nav but use a garmin when needs arise.Given an open choice of all models with all options, I would go for a pearl white or the blue SEL with leather trim, without the sat nav but with parking aid( since a couple of detectors on the back bumper would help with the little rear window view when reversing), I would go for the 16" wheels again, cruise control is standard on the SEL and I would go for buying a spacer saver wheel too since I still dont like the idea of relying on goo. 190k mileage is within the capability of the cars but it is at the upper end... there are some very nice cars around that have covered half that mileage for just £2k more money.

An Auris Hybrid is essentially the same car with a bit less style & panache and equally despised by non hybrid, Clarkson watching drivers.

Well my is at the moment has the mark Levinson. That's would be desirable. If not then would have to install a sou d system as I like my music. Basically I want to effectively swap the is for a ct. Long shot but can't afford any more than my is is worth.

I bought a car from BCA Measham, Derbys once, I also sold a car at Measham too. I got a good car at bottom book when I bought but only got bottom book when I sold. Trick is, attend a lot of auctions before you buy. Watch what happens, look at what's available and learn to spot the dogs. Be around when the cars are being started and moved by the auctioneers, that'll tell you a lot.

Buy from the auctions wisely and try to sell privately. Remember that there is rarely much money available so the more expensive the car, the less chance there is of selling privately...hence my reason for selling at auction... I simply could not move my old car along because it cost too much to sell privately. I didn't even get a single enquiry, genuine or otherwise.

There's a ct due on 2nd Feb on bca. It's a premier trim but has 150k on the clock. What you reckon it'll go for?

Not heard of this company before, and advert at bottom mentions selling cars on your behalf. Photos look well presented though and appear to have been taken on site, strange that they have so many CTs in stock.

Looks a bit sus to me - pictures look like they are in a public carpark, and you have to make an appointment to view.

If you really are capped at about 6K then I would look for something other than Lexus - you can just scrape into a new shape focus with less miles

i think i would give that garage a miss ,there is nothing to say they trade there

a proper company would have a landline, only having a mobile isn't a professional

way of operating and not having a showroom where you can browse whenever YOU

want isn't right,i smell a rat.

I edited my reply about area as thought I was a bit biased, just wouldn't want to walk around there myself.

Also strange is fact all Lexus are showing as taxed, I though when you sold to dealer now you have to surrender tax yourself?

Plus Director was director of High Spec Prestige Ltd, which was dissolved in 2015.

The high spec car pics, Porsche, Audi, RangeRover etc all seem to have been taken in summer as leaves on trees.

could be perfectly okay though....

Hmmm, I guess your all right. May have to check the bca auctions. As I said previously, there's a ct premier with 150k due soon. Would like the mark Levinson sound system.

I edited my reply about area as thought I was a bit biased, just wouldn't want to walk around there myself.

Also strange is fact all Lexus are showing as taxed, I though when you sold to dealer now you have to surrender tax yourself?

Plus Director was director of High Spec Prestige Ltd, which was dissolved in 2015.

The high spec car pics, Porsche, Audi, RangeRover etc all seem to have been taken in summer as leaves on trees.

could be perfectly okay though....

When you sell to anyone including to a dealer, you surrender the tax automatically. The new buyer cant move the car without taxing it first or the nations watcher will swoop in for an easy kill! Somebody where i work reckoned that the blue cameras can run tax checks , I don't know whether this is propaganda or truth though.

I'd personally avoid any CT over 120k miles. There just aren't enough about with that mileage to know what long term issues there may be, the vehicles have only been on the road for 5 years. At 190k all of the suspension components must have a lot of wear and play in them, certainly compared to new, plus things like wheel bearings etc could all start to cause problems.

I bought my CT at 26 months old having just done 100K. My preference is to buy a higher mileage newer car.

I'm 9 months and 15K in and so far the only requirement has been 2 new headlight bulbs and a service, including first MOT with no advisories

To be honest I'm surprised how tight it still feels and how well its wearing its miles. My only regret is I'm finding it a bit to small so an IS or a mitsubishi outlander PHEV are possible replacements, but that's a little way off yet

Hmm 190k is just asking for trouble. 100k miles would be fine but 190k is almost double that.
Plus, these things aren't cheap to fix if something does go wrong. Big bills if you need genuine parts for some reason

Id rather be looking at an Auris, it drives the same and feels the same and frankly I dont think the interior quality is that much worse

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links