Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls 430 Master Cylinder Part Number

Can any one supply the part numbers for an LS 430 "02" reg master cylinder and new seal kit. What are your thoughts on fitting a new seal kit against the more expensive option of a new master cylinder. Thanks

It's 14 years old with 162000 mls so I'm going to bleed out all the old fluid as it makes sense with peace of mind so thought I'd do the master cylinder as well when I'm busy and that's the complete system done. I've no idea if the master is "dodgy" but was thinking of doing it as a matter of course.

If it's working OK personally I would leave it be, change the brake fluid by all means. Even if you change the master cylinder seals you will still have all the original seals in the brake calipers and ABS.

Cylinder repair kit 04493-30290 around £90.00

Master cylinder 47201-50280 around £260.00 this price does not include the fluid reservoir and the 2 new seals required at around £9.00 each

Malc & Steve, Thanks for your input. I had a look today, in the freezing cold, and it looks very new and clean with no leaks. Under bonnet generally looks very clean. I'll change the fluid as I'll be checking the brakes anyway as its the first job I always do with any car I buy.

The bonnet wouldn't shut after this so ended up taking the latch off and working it with pliers and WD40 and tugging the cable. Something was sticking but it's ok now except I'm froze to the bone.

No Auto dipstick on a 430. I noticed that when I test drove it. That's a step in the wrong direction.

IMG_58981_zpsg0yonu0b.jpg

Dave 1 Yes. The auto transmission doesn't have a dipstick.

Steve. The replacement back boxes/tail pipes on mine are stainless. Only got the rest of the system to worry about now!!

Jim, I might be wrong here as I have an LS 400, but I think you'll find that the rest of your existing exhaust is stainless steel with the exception of the mild steel back boxes, which in your case you have just had replaced. Having no transmission dipstick is a bit of a bummer though. Are you aware of the potential radiator/transmission oil cooler problem on the LS430? Some owners have installed a new radiator (easy peasy) to be on the safe side. Much,much cheaper than a replacement autobox.

Titch & Space. thanks for the info. When I start using this car I'll take it to my regular garage and he'll put it on the hoist to get a good look underneath and I'll check the rest of the exhaust. It would be a bonus if the rest is S/S.

If you go to my other post "Bargain or Banger" it shows the rad was changed by Lxs N/cle Sept 2007 @ 94274 mls and has done 68,000mls since so ...borderline or not. 2 x Rads on that auction about £70 each so very tempting or tempt fate. The first option? probably. So, a little bit more out of the contingency fund. Like the brake fluid change... sensible peace of mind.

The Acre...... you're right.  The red auto dipstick is just behind the yellow engine dipstick but 3 inches lower down and hard to see, more so when covered in dirt like mine 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links