Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF track days

For all you lot thinking about tracking your ISF...

I've got a track day booked at Silverstone on 3rd May. I've always wanted to drive the full 3.6mile international F1 circuit - I can't wait! However, the noise limit is 105dB, measured at 5000rpm (3/4 of redline) at 0.5m. 

Now my ISF has a Takeda intake and a H&S catback - whilst it sounds biblical, I've always wondered how loud it actually is. I live relatively close to Goodwood, so at their last track day I thought I'd pop along and get my car noise tested, the logic being that the last thing I'd want is to drive all the way to Silverstone and be banned from even going trackside! The limit at Goodwood was a lower 98dB, measured at 5000rpm at a distance of 1m. 

It failed - 102dB! 

Given Goodwood measured me at 102 at twice the distance that Silverstone will be, I think I'll be taking my other car - a Honda S2000 which measures in at 88dB! I'm sure the S2000 can corner harder (especially with R888s :-) ), even if it loses out a bit down the straights! Guess I'll have to wait for a rare 105dB limit day at Goodwood to have a play in the 'F!

Unless you could attend a few, rare noisy days, I suppose a track day in an ISF would most likely involve returning the exhaust to stock... Shame!

I did 5 sprint type track days and 4 laps of the ring in my Is-f, and never had a hint of understeer. It was pretty impressive I thought given its weight, just wished I d managed to get to Donnington  in it.

• Like 1

So - the jury's out!

Think I'm going to have to invest a day of my time and a set of tyres to find out! I'll update when I can...

Meanwhile, here are pictures of my car 

1. Enjoying the seaside.

2. Having a Hunter 4-wheel geo done after changing the 2008 coilovers for 2013 ones. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'm taking my car back to H&S soon to look at getting a template done for the US market, after they heard the video's of our cars, and decided they wanted in on the action! Lol.

I also mentioned the possibility of adding an X pipe to the system to quieten things down, and hopefully gain a few more HP's.

This may also lower the decibel level for future track-day use.

I'll keep everyone posted on how I get on. :thumbsup:

do track them if you can. If you're getting too much understeer book some tuition because that's, if I may be so bold, the drivers fault not the car. took mine to bedford and loved it. Ok my lotus is better at a track day simple because its half the weight but the lexus was fab. People liked seeing it too.

stock exhaust mind so noise wasn't an issue. 102db is loud!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links