Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It's that time of year again......

So my 4 yr 40k service is due. I've booked it in for the 1st of June at Lexus Bradford. 

So the to do list:

- full service

- MOT (half price due to service plan)

- Full valet (1 per annum on service plan) 

- courtesy car (whatever is available for 2 days but a car is guaranteed)

Now on top of that I needed a 3 year service plan (50, 60 and 70k) for the RX and 3 services for the IS (3, 4 and 5 year). I got a generic £935 quote for the IS and £1295 quote for the RX. This was a standard computer generated quote so I'm going to give them a ring and haggle (I always do and it certainly works) and I expect a heavy discount as ive been a customer for 11 years now

I'll let you know how it goes.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, steveledzep said:

Good luck with your haggling :whip:

I couldn't do a long term service plan as I'm always open to change if I see something I fancy.

I'm actually considering a new RX. I'm going ex-demo this time as they seem to take a HUGE hit in the first year - £10k+ sometimes and my car is worth less than half of new value after 3.5 years. 

The main reasons for going for the service plan are the half price MOT (£25) 10% off accessories, parts and labour (they changed my tyres for £50 for all 4) and it's inflation free and can be paid monthly without interest. You do get free puncture repairs too.

Last time I got 2 majors and a minor for £996. Its £1135 if paid separately so I got a decent discount. The prices also went up by £30 for the intermediate on the RX recently 

AFAIK if you get another Lexus you can just transfer the cost to the servicing of your next car. If you don't, they cancel it for £25 administration fee. If your crash and it's written off its free of course lol 

Also I was looking through what gets done in the service and there was some confusion in other threads about whether the air filter gets changed. In the RRG plan, it DOES get changed, not just inspected.

On 13 May 2016 at 6:43 PM, Sibbo46 said:

Do you get gold membership discount on already discounted service plans?

Good luck if you can get a discounted plan, standard pricing is just list price of the combined services.

Small update on the situation.

Spoke to the guys at Lexus Stockport - they gave the same quote £935 and £1295. I bought the car there and they gave me a 13% discount on the 3 year service plan (bought a year after the car). I was essentially told that they can't discount the price - its fixed price now. Therefore I just told them that there's no point buying it from them then if they're giving the same generic price as Bradford is.

I haven't haggled with Bradford yet but Ive sent an email to Lexus Leeds to see what they quote.

• 3 weeks later...

So finally got the car serviced.

They had it for 1.5 days and gave a CT Advance as a courtesy car (its OK but annoyingly rough at times!).

Car was serviced (all good) and MOT passed with no advisories at all and was only £27!

So the RX has done 40k now and still has 7mm on the brake pads so about 4-5mm of useable brakes! Guess the regenerative braking pays off.

I also ended up getting 2 service plans at £1295 for the RX (50k, 60k and 70k) and one for the IS for 3 years at £935. Apparently Lexus UK have fixed the prices - I called around and was quoted the same from every dealer within a 30 mile radius!

Anyway, I get free puncture repairs, half price MOT, full valet each year and 10% off everything else so its OK.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links