Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blue IS, paint code check?

Just had the front and rear bumpers, bonnet and wing of my repainted very nicely by a local body shop. I was in the process of ordering some stonechip touchup paint before I dropped it in to them and we noticed the paint code on the door post.

My sticker by the left hand door gives a paint code of 8U0, which according to the online references I have found comes out as black!

http://www.toyotareference.com/lexusis/2006-2015

Now we know the car is blue, but I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this?

Hi ,I have not had any previous problems getting touch up paint ,I have just got some Ultrasonic blue 8U1 from a dealer using the code off this plate .   if you ring Lexus with the Vin number they may be able to help ,or talk to the guy from the body shop who ordered the paint ,he must know the code ,

Dave

2 hours ago, TimS320 said:

Just had the front and rear bumpers, bonnet and wing of my repainted very nicely by a local body shop. I was in the process of ordering some stonechip touchup paint before I dropped it in to them and we noticed the paint code on the door post.

My sticker by the left hand door gives a paint code of 8U0, which according to the online references I have found comes out as black!

http://www.toyotareference.com/lexusis/2006-2015

Now we know the car is blue, but I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this?

Black sapphire pearl is correct. It looks blue due to the blue flake and hence, the "Sapphire" in its name and it looks like this:

IMG_0385.jpg

The code does not lie lol

That is an American site?

It doesn't seem to list the colour of mine, which is Windsor Blue?

I actually have some touchup paint in the car, so need to go check the paint code.

Out of curiosity, can you tell us how much the job cost?  Would like to get a rough idea cause mine has a lot of stone chips.

Thanks. 

Well, my car is also windsor blue according to the stamped handbook. It certainly isn't black.

I had the front and back bumpers, bonnet and both front wings painted, with a full mop, polish and other stone chips touched in for 700.00, very happy with the job they've done.

2016-05-14 17.59.11.jpg

• Like 1

Good looking car you have there :smile:

I have a lot of little marks and scratches on mine, so am tempted to get it mopped.  Not sure how effective it would be though.

Much as I would love to get mine repainted, I have a list of things that call on my wallet before I could consider spending that much on bodywork.  Need to get my wheels refurb'd for a start!

Windsor blue and Black Sapphire pearl is the same colour. All Lexus paint colours are called different things in Europe and America.

For example:

Arctic Pearl = starfire pearl

Velvet black = obsidian

Graphite black = caviar

Sonic white = Eminent white

Mesa red = Matador red

Azure blue = Ultrasonic Blue 2.0

Solar flare = molten pearl

Mercury grey = Nebula grey

Windsor blue = Black Sapphire

Sonic Titanium  = atomic silver

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links