Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

ive found the following wire in the offside boot, leading nowhere.

is this something anyone recognises?

also whilst taking off the front wheels, I noticed I actually have two different sets of wheels, eight and ten hole versions, which have different size centre hub caps.

which means I am missing some centre plates if I want four matching wheels.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I thought that so as the aerial is on the near side, cd stack is in the glove box, and I dont have any screens! it's maybe just a legacy for a long removed aftermarket fitment then?

• Like 1

I agree, an extinct aftermarket cable.  The first photo I recognise as the wheels I had on my MK2, the second looks like their successor which I've seen on MK3's

• Like 3

I should add those are the better condition ones, I have four of the 8 holes, and five of the 10 hole.  The 10 holes are very bad, I'll try my hand at repairing these over the coming weeks unless any bargains show up.  And I have two hub cap/ centre covers for each set.

added to that tyres from at least one of each set will need replacing, but I would prefer to change two tyres at a time, so this will be a phased upgrade.

For your encouragement, I bought my first LS400 (a 93) for £1,500 and I owned it virtually trouble free for 5 years. Just recently, and out of curiosity, I did an MOT check and it's not only still going but passed without an advisory.  That wouldn't happen with many other makes!

• Like 2

These wheels come up for sale fairly regularly, and usually struggle to sell, so pretty cheap.

If you're in no rush, just save a search for them on eBay, and get a notification email whenever a set appears.

MkIV wheels are also poor sellers, and will fit your car,

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Colin M said:

Yes, I counted 9 holes on the first wheel picture and 10 on the second one.

So maybe John Lennon got it wrong and there weren't 4000 holes in Blackburn Lancashire!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links