Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Although I predict many years to exciting motoring in the ISF...... When it's time to switch the obvious choice (being loyal to Lexus) would be the GSF...right? I would like another F car and it needs to have 4 doors. I'm interested to get an opinion from fellow ISF drivers, maybe it will grow on me but I'm not 100% on the GSF design/style so far compared to the ISF. I think the RCF looks stunning but it's not practical for me.

I had a quick look around a GSF when I was at my local dealers a few months ago. Whilst it is a step up in size compared to the ISF I liked the styling and the interior.

Due in for a service next month, I wonder if they can supply me with one as a courtesy car.  

I drove the GS-F a couple of weeks ago, the seats are the same as the RC-F, and as the RC-F is based on the same front end as the GS-F the interior cabin space seamed the same, the main difference was the larger sat nav screen. I also felt that the ride was softer than the RC-F, however this may have just been the type of roads I was driving on, it’s a nice car but I don’t need 4 doors so the 10k price difference would not appeal to me, also in my opinion the styling is quite bland on the GS-F , this was quite noticeable when the two cars were parked next to each other. 

If you want to stay with Lexus and want more practicality then the gs-f is really your only option. I would consider alternatives of only to test drive. Maybe jag xfr-s. 

26 minutes ago, wendle said:

I drove the GS-F a couple of weeks ago, the seats are the same as the RC-F, and as the RC-F is based on the same front end as the GS-F the interior cabin space seamed the same, the main difference was the larger sat nav screen. I also felt that the ride was softer than the RC-F, however this may have just been the type of roads I was driving on, it’s a nice car but I don’t need 4 doors so the 10k price difference would not appeal to me, also in my opinion the styling is quite bland on the GS-F , this was quite noticeable when the two cars were parked next to each other. 

Yes I agree the styling does come across as bland, more clumsy looking than the ISF and RCF. I do agree that the seats and interior look great!

Personally I dont think the GS-F looks that bland really. With that huge grill, the orange calipers etc, it looks just right IMO, similiar to the IS-F right now i.e. apart from the front grill its "almost" a sleeper car, as long as you dont get the orange, blue or red of course. But then, its a GS-F so you may as well go for a crazy colour.

Pricing between the RC-F and GS-F is not much different. Considering the RC-F has £3k discounts going at the moment and the GS-F has £9.9k off, the GS-F actually works out better value for money as it has ACC and TVD as standard

It is quite sad they didn't make 3rd gen. IS-F ... I guess to boost sales of RC-F. For me GS-F is too big for performance saloon, I would go as far as saying that the only good looking large performance saloon is BMW M5, MB don't have any offer currently and I don't consider Audi as premium brand.. when you get into S6 and find same switches as in VW golf is not really great. I personally found styling on GS-F quite strange and rather dull, not sure if they tried to have that understated IS-F looks rather than super aggressive looks of RC-F... but it didn't worked. 

Finally, I don't think "F" cars should be practical, so RC-F kind of ticks the box. I have previously said I will not get IS-F before I have enough to have RX as a second car as well. Probably same now stands for RC.. I hope they will improve RC-F as well as they did with IS-F.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links