Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This is what I found at 07.30 this morning as I leave my hotel in Bolton to come home, some 200 miles.

My own fault, I left my dash cam on the windscreen, however it does not give anyone the fuc@ing right to put my window through and simply take it.

Yes the hotel had CCTV but I have no faith in reporting it and the Police apprehending anyone, so I take it 1 mile to the local Lexus dealer and ask them if it is OK to park it there while I contact my insurance company to arrange the repair.

At 09.00 I was told the glass replacement company would be with me before 12.00 and they would telephone 30 mins before arrival, at 11.40 no one has contacted me, I have had 7 cups of    Lexus complimentary coffee and am a little concerned, I call the company and am told they cant obtain the glass until Tuesday afternoon!!!!!! To say i was ****** off at this point is an understatement.

I don't want to tape up the door with plastic as I have too far to travel and the weather is not great, this is where the Lexus dealer, who are doing me a favour letting me wait to have a repair carried out on their premises offer to look after the car until Tuesday and give me  a new NX300 to come home and return on Wednesday when my car is repaired, talk about customer service..........

Rant over, and breathe............

DSC_0474.JPG

• Like 1

Wtf?!? What goes around comes around mate. They will get what's coming to them! What camera did you have and where on the screen was it mounted?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Arqum said:

Wtf?!? What goes around comes around mate. They will get what's coming to them! What camera did you have and where on the screen was it mounted?

It was a NextBase I think, bought from Halfords, mounted in the middle of the screen just under the rear view mirror really good for the money, stupid to leave it in the car, I realise that now, but the absolute grief it causes for what, £10 is probably what he sold it for, my car is still in Bolton, I am back home in Wiltshire, I will have to go and collect it on Wednesday, another day off work and 400 mile round trip, really ****** off.

I don't blame you mate. I have a front and rear camera. Blackvue that's behind the rear view mirror so hard to see. Maybe get something like that once the car is sorted?

Sorry to hear this, I had mine keyed a while ago so now have a blackvue hardwired to try to if not prevent anything else, hopefully identify  the scum. I have a black Vue,  which is a bit more subtle.

Just wondered if your recovery would cover you as the car is "undriveable"?

7 hours ago, wh05apk said:

Sorry to hear this, I had mine keyed a while ago so now have a blackvue hardwired to try to if not prevent anything else, hopefully identify  the scum. I have a black Vue,  which is a bit more subtle.

Just wondered if your recovery would cover you as the car is "undriveable"?

Hi Tony, I will take a look at the same camera you have when I get the car back.

I did not look at the recovery option, there was a lot of glass stuck to the paintwork on the outside of the car, the only safe option of removing it without scratching would be to rinse the car, however without a window I did not want to risk it, I cant believe the amount of trouble a broken window has caused!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links