Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Scum - stolen car

On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 0:08 PM, aidanjaye said:

Yep - my thoughts. Headed for eastern europe. Did a few top end Range Rovers a few weeks back - prob same bunch.

More ****** off having someone in my house, esp as I have kids.

UK is flooded with CCTV so im sure they will find it.. just a matter of time.

I second the advice on looking into the headbolt issues on earlier M156 engined cars. 

My vote would be for the XFR. Driven my ISF and my brothers XFR back to back and the Jag is a cracking car!

Update...scums left my car in housing estate but by time police arrived long gone. So looks like its away to pastures new. Sad really, as had a twang when i saw pics....was a nice car. Hopefully cctv will get scum backs involved.

AS FOR NEXT CAR????

A bit disheartened by it all really. Have a stupid box renault thing as a loan car and thinking whats the point of something nice. Luckily my wife says buy something that will cheer us up.

So. amg 6.2 engines arwnt great.? Will need to read up on it. It would have been a cls i would have wanted but the 5.5 engine is in the 10 year old model.

Put feelers out towards a xfr and xkr....see what response i have.

Lastly....my silly head keeps looking at a tvr tamora or 350. Yep i know.....it will break down....but bored with mainstream cars.

Oh and be aware if purchasing a white isf.

Have no idea how many white ones in uk there is...but i dont think many. 

Ive had dealing with three white ones....the first had no initial service (a no no for a performance car), second was tuned to hilt from new (again not great so rejected by me), and lastly my pride n joy was nicked.

The earlier 63 engines have an issue where the headbolts can stretch. This can be sorted by replacing the bolts with uprated ones. I know a few member on mbclub have had it done as a precautionary measure.

An XKR would make for a cracking GT car in my view. I was pondering over replacing my ISF with one recently.

As for the TVR option, you only live once and the Tamora and the T350 both look great and sound cracking with the right exhaust. Been out as a passenger in a few and they have that sense of occasion that the other cars on your shortlist lack. 

Best of luck with the search for your new car. 

5 hours ago, bluenose1940 said:

Just a thought.  Have you owners of 'Special' motors thought of having a tracker fitted?

Yes that was my though as well, trackers costs peanuts. As well you can even have old £10 phone left in your boot and police can easily locate the phone using triangulation. 

It was between a C63 AMG, Jag XF-R and my IS-F when i bought it.

Jag looked a bit plain next to the others, and headbolt horror stories put me off the C63.

Think it only affects certain engines of models up to 2010, and you can see if any potential purchases have one of the suspect engines via the engine number. They can be replaced by studs that sort the problem.

There is the CLS 63 AMG also which has 4 seats like the ISF, or a Porsche Cayman S if you can live with 2 seats.

Personally tho the mid to late 2000's shape XKR's look stunning. Or maybe a BMW M6?

I have a CLS55 and all i can say its amazing on take off, it feel much quicker then the ISF, but the ISF top end is amazing especially when it opens up after 3500rpm, so both are probably equal 0-60. The sound on the AMG is far better then the ISF, i said that even when i had the ISF. 

I was looking at Jags too.. but just didnt seem as attractive as ISF or the CLS.

Drive wise the merc is effortless, spend £1200 on a remap, 84mm SC pulley change, x pipe, 2nd cat n res delete your looking at 550bhp with over 600torque. Thats a super car killer (tested). I love the AMG.

But guess what.. there is just something about the ISF one cant expalin. And thats why i want another.

9 hours ago, Tom24 said:

It was between a C63 AMG, Jag XF-R and my IS-F when i bought it.

Jag looked a bit plain next to the others, and headbolt horror stories put me off the C63.

Think it only affects certain engines of models up to 2010, and you can see if any potential purchases have one of the suspect engines via the engine number. They can be replaced by studs that sort the problem.

There is the CLS 63 AMG also which has 4 seats like the ISF, or a Porsche Cayman S if you can live with 2 seats.

Personally tho the mid to late 2000's shape XKR's look stunning. Or maybe a BMW M6?

I can't quite agree with the XFR looking a bit plain 

9DB0ED3A-B17D-41FD-A402-4AA79E74DD66_zps

If anything the ISF looks a bit anonymous in comparison. The interior is also a nicer place to be. I love my ISF but if I didn't need the rear doors and seats for practical reasons then I would be looking at an XKR instead. 

The C63 seems like one hell of a car but it's somewhat tainted by the image issue. I guess the best thing to do is test drive them all and see which one works for you. 

thanks for all suggestions. Ultimately will depend on what insurance pay.

AND THAT IS CURRENT ISSUE.:angry:

So what is a 58 white ISF worth, dealer bought, 67000 miles, 8 lexus stamps in book (recent being 6 days before it was nicked), recent tyres and brakes. All greens on Lexus three page car inspection, exterior and interior spotless. I will let you guys have a guess before I tell you the first offer.

Seems insurers pay trade market value (think webuyanycar...lol). If i could buy an ISF with what they are offering, i'd buy too and sell one and make a canny profit.

There are two similiar miled cars for sale on autotrader by dealers - but both have slightly lower miles but are 08 plates. Both are 22k. Thought the reason for having insurance was so that if anything did happen, you could replace the car with another of similiar spec?

2 minutes ago, GibletPH said:

I'd have thought anywhere between 19.5 and 21. Did they offer you something daft like 15?

yep - i was thinking around the 19.5K.

Offered....14K !!!!!! Gulped first, then started laughing.

2 hours ago, aidanjaye said:

yep - i was thinking around the 19.5K.

Offered....14K !!!!!! Gulped first, then started laughing.

...............and told him to go away and work on his figures?

Sorry for your loss, I'd be telling them to replace the car, don't want the money if they can buy a good like for like example for £14k I'd happily accept it, obviously not possible, as for jag XKR, my sister has a 53 plate 4.2 supercharged from new, 50k ish millage and starting to suffer with various issues, been advised to cut her losses as this is the norm for these, my uncle has an early 03 with 16k, loves it and no issues, his is the 4.0ltr one, don't know much about them, both are lovely looking cars tho......good luck with your hunting......id still be asking insurance company to replace the car.

A belated sorry to hear about this. From what I hear most insurers make silly offers to start with. Just send them adverts to similar cars to justify what you're asking for.

that's the game, they offer low and you have to prove otherwise. These are hard cars to value because they are pretty rare. Mine is same age and slightly higher mileage and I wouldn't sell it for what they are offering!

so sorry to hear they nicked it. How come it was spotted and lost again? Is that when they give it 24 hours to see if it's tracked and then if it's not been recovered, it's moved on?

we leave our car keys easily found in the kitchen. If they are in the kitchen they can have them... Don't want to see them. Good luck getting the lotus out though as you need to be a slippery eel to get in the door the way its parked in the garage!

oh, try an evora s. Better than your think....

On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 11:20 AM, GibletPH said:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201607286276240

Send them that and tell them to stop taking the ***** 

Exact car i sent them.

Anyway ...they upped offer by a couple of grand....but still way off. Forwarded it all on to omnsbud guys. See what happens.

On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Womble72 said:

Sorry for your loss, I'd be telling them to replace the car, don't want the money if they can buy a good like for like example for £14k I'd happily accept it, obviously not possible, as for jag XKR, my sister has a 53 plate 4.2 supercharged from new, 50k ish millage and starting to suffer with various issues, been advised to cut her losses as this is the norm for these, my uncle has an early 03 with 16k, loves it and no issues, his is the 4.0ltr one, don't know much about them, both are lovely looking cars tho......good luck with your hunting......id still be asking insurance company to replace the car.

Not insurance companies policy...the state...to replace car. Just to offer glasses guide value....which is fine for a mainstream vehicle...but not so good for something rare.

On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 9:17 PM, lotusdave said:

that's the game, they offer low and you have to prove otherwise. These are hard cars to value because they are pretty rare. Mine is same age and slightly higher mileage and I wouldn't sell it for what they are offering!

so sorry to hear they nicked it. How come it was spotted and lost again? Is that when they give it 24 hours to see if it's tracked and then if it's not been recovered, it's moved on?

we leave our car keys easily found in the kitchen. If they are in the kitchen they can have them... Don't want to see them. Good luck getting the lotus out though as you need to be a slippery eel to get in the door the way its parked in the garage!

oh, try an evora s. Better than your think....

Yes...scum left it parked up for 12 hours. Car was reported to police but by the time they had got around to going to reported sighting....it was gone (11 hrs later).

On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Womble72 said:

Its the newer xkr id be looking at (x150)....from 2007 onwards. better built and less gremlins.....hopefully.

Well collected a 2009 XKR yesterday. specced to hilt with 20s and alcons.

First impressions..although a total different car to ISF, performance is on par. XKR gearbox is surprisingly better than the ISFs. Seats are much bette in the ISF though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links