Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Half price 24 month warranty

I just received an email from Lexus offering 24 months extended warranty on IS models for £895. Mines a 58 plate so under the 10yr/140k limit. Is it even worth considering? What sort of parts would be exempt apart from pads, discs etc? I'm guessing the exhaust wouldn't be covered either?

They have been doing the 241 warranty for a while now.

Yes, I think it is worth having.  It wouldn't take much for you to make your money back.  It also includes AA cover, which would normally set you back almost £300 for two years.

The details of what is covered are here:

http://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/warranty-and-insurance/#LexusCareExtendedWarranty

It is mostly straightforward, with the except of Serviceable Items, which is unclear.  Normally, this would only include things such as brakes, wheels & tyres, batteries, exhaust, bushes, etc..

However, there have been some funny cases of people being denied parts that should have been covered.  Thankfully, most of these were resolved in the end.

I have certainly made my money back on mine - and then some - and I still have 8 months to go.

Annoyingly, it was £795 when I got mine, but that has recently gone up the £995 (for the diesel).  Having said that, compared to some other brands, the Lexus warranty is surprisingly reasonable in terms of cost.

I had this on mine and they replaced a non-folding wing mirror and resonating door speaker with no absolutely no questions.  Car was cleaned and vacuumed to the usual high(ish!) standard and they gave me a desk for the morning to work from whilst they did the part swaps.  They also gave me food, tea and water.

The warranty seems to cover everything that's not a wear and tear item, including electrics.  Decent value for peace of mind in my opinion.

• Like 1

@WetMyBeak No probs, hope it helps make a decision :smile:

@jumbojake Yep, during the warranty period, the car would need to be serviced at the dealer within 30days/1000 miles of its due date.  Although with the 5+ servicing option, I have not found it too expensive.

I have the 2 year warranty on my IS250C taken out last November @ £795 on ten monthly direct debits of £79.50.  Hardly miss it !

I had cause to claim earlier this year when the nearside headlamp assembly allowed water and condensation in.  I was asked for photographs of the problem and replacement was authorised immediately.

I understand the headlamp assembly is in the order of £600, so taking into account the AA membership I have had my money's worth already :yes:.

I have a further 14 months still to run on my warranty.  If I decide to sell the car, it will enhance its value (secure a sale easier !) as the warranty is transferrable to a new owner for just £25.

Lexus servicing during the warranty period is mandatory I understand.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just had 7 year intermediate service on Tuesday.  Car has only done 41,000 miles.

Nearside rear brake caliper was diagnosed as seized.  A replacement caliper has been authorised under the warranty, I just need to book it in for the work.

Warranty is proving to be good value for me.....it doesn't expire until November 2017 :smile:.

• Like 1

Club discount would be good. :smile:

@steveledzep Yep, exactly the same on mine.  Went in for a service a couple of month back and was told it needed a new rear caliper.  Authorised within 1 hours, part already in stock, so all taken care of the same day.  Excellent service all round.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links