Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

300h Lights Abroad

Hi Guys,

I've had a few IS's ( 4 x 250's and my current 300h ), in my view the quality is slipping ( the plastics in particular are getting 'harder' and have you noticed how some of the little features are disappearing slowly ).

Anyway - we have the super clever self leveling headlamps ( which I would hate to have to change a bulb on ), some used to steer ( but that seems to have gone recently ). If I drive over to France, surely there is a setting somewhere to change the dip to the opposite ?

I cant believe they have different bulbs and reflectors anymore - can they ?

I can never remember the technical answer, I think it's to do with the beam being flat, but no headlamp adjustment required when driving on the wrong side of the road [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Guys, any of you had any experience with 'the French' and their insistence that you carry spare bulbs ( and I believe, some weird ide that you should be able to fit them if you get caught with one not working ).

50 minutes ago, EyeEss said:

Thanks Guys, any of you had any experience with 'the French' and their insistence that you carry spare bulbs ( and I believe, some weird ide that you should be able to fit them if you get caught with one not working ).

Been to Spain and back, driving from Calais to border with Spain, twice for the last 11 years and not been asked to produce anything.

Had everything with me though, just in case. Do take a spare bulb set, as it is simply not worth the risk.We are not France `s No1 partner at the moment !!

Regards

John

Carrying a set of spare bulbs is a recommendation only, not a rule that is enforced or subject to a fine. However you MUST carry:

To the best of my knowledge the only items you MUST carry with you if you do not want to be fined are:

• Reflective jackets (at least one, and it is recommended you have one for each occupant, these must be kept inside the vehicle within easy reach)
  • Warning triangle (compulsory in every vehicle with 4 wheels or more)
  • Headlamp beam deflectors (depending on your car, you will either need deflector stickers or have to adjust the beam manually)
  • Breathalysers/alcohol test (as of January 2013 the French government announced that the introduction of an €11 fine for not carrying one has been postponed indefinitely)
  • A GB sticker (or euro plates featuring the GB initials)

Also worth noting: radar detectors are illegal. You are not even allowed to carry one switched off.

Details here: http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/touring_tips/france-monaco.pdf

and here: http://www.rac.co.uk/drive/travel/country/france/

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links