Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Someone else searching for an ISF!

Hi, after considering pretty much every car on the market I've decided that the isf is the one. 

I want a quiet automatic for the daily grind but some proper performance for the weekend. Any of the latest hot hatches would probably be perfect for me but they leave me a bit cold. Same goes for the usual German suspects.

The best thing about my subaru legacy is the howling flat 6 so I know I want a another naturally aspirated engine but I'm looking for a bit more power now.

I'm aiming for a MY2010 but there aren't many about. Plus official lexus prices are crazy. Wish me luck and i'll keep you posted. 

• Like 1

Good luck with the search, I think most of the cars on sale at any one time are mainly with Lexus dealers, although they do come up from time to time with independents you may need to wait a while to find the car you want, its worth it though, well worth it!!

I might be selling mine. 13 Plate, black with white leather, 7000 miles (I bought it with 4400 miles) and serviced 2 months ago. However, It is likely to go back to the dealership. If I does it, it will be interesting to see the mark up, considering there is one for sale for £36,990 which is an older than mine.

I have been offered a tentative price of £30k, just waiting for another price from a dealer. I am thinking about buying a BMW M2.20160312_180515.jpg20160312_180437.jpg20160312_114534.jpg20160312_180658.jpg

Thanks both, I'm getting pretty excited now!

Selmar - that's a stunning car. I would love a 2013 but think it's out of my price range. I think you're right about the dealer mark up, I just wonder if there are buyers out there willing to pay those prices, especially as RCFS are coming down in price rapidly. The M2 is a good choice, let us know how it compares. 

this is the car i wanted but missed out on it by a few days  i bought a 2011 black with black leather 40,000 miles

Can you let me no where you trade it in? i would up grade to this.

On 10/2/2016 at 1:59 PM, Selmer mk6 said:

I might be selling mine. 13 Plate, black with white leather, 7000 miles (I bought it with 4400 miles) and serviced 2 months ago. However, It is likely to go back to the dealership. If I does it, it will be interesting to see the mark up, considering there is one for sale for £36,990 which is an older than mine.

I have been offered a tentative price of £30k, just waiting for another price from a dealer. I am thinking about buying a BMW M2.20160312_180515.jpg20160312_180437.jpg20160312_114534.jpg20160312_180658.jpg

I so need to get my front end resprayed; currently looks like it's been in a sandstorm.

Incidentally, why does your steeringwheel not have the distance adjuster bottom right? You've got a Sport button, mine has an adjuster for the cruise control following distance.

44 minutes ago, dr_rick said:

I so need to get my front end resprayed; currently looks like it's been in a sandstorm.

Incidentally, why does your steeringwheel not have the distance adjuster bottom right? You've got a Sport button, mine has an adjuster for the cruise control following distance.

The sports button was moved from the oddball location to the wheel on the later cars. Earlier cars have the cruise distance button there instead. 

I went to a local BMW dealer this morning to discuss my p/x.

The dealer phoned around. The Lexus dealers were willing to pay between £22k (Croydon) and £25k (not sure the dealer).  Milton Keynes offered £24k. It seems Lexus are having problems selling their RCF's and therefore do not want another V8. However, a dealer admitted that the retail will be at least £32k. 

It was Coopers at Reading that said a dealer was willing to pay c£30k. I will find out next week.

The above gives you an idea of the of the profit some dealers are looking. The car needs minimal prep and was  serviced 2 months ago.

I am not desparate, as I do really like the car. However, I could do with reducing my outgoings for about a year or so.

It's criminal! I've nothing against people making a living but not 30% mark up for a quick once over and a valet. 

I would be very interested at £25k if the dealers won't budge, but also hope you get £30k from reading 👍

it's worth what people will pay I guess and the px is only a part of the deal of course. A poor px but a higher discount on the new car means it's better px than it sounds. What does webuyanycar say? That's a good barometer. Give http://m.targafloriocars.com/ a call who sold me mine. You never know what a good indi might offer.

selling a three year old car is always a shock as that's the major depreciation over. It'll hold it's value now one assumes.

25k is however a joke. I paid 21 for a 5 year old one!

good luck

There was a 13 plate black with 13000 miles on auto trader around 6weeks ago . Was only advertised for one week . That soon got snatched up at 36k .you have to be looking around 33k in my opinion. There is only 10  13plates registered in the country 

WBAC have quoted just shy of £30k! I am going to see them on Friday, see what happens.

There is still a part of me saying to keep it after this an morning's airport run. Also this being the second time coming back to these cars, I doubt if I will ever find a better one than this, if I change my mind again.

Cheers

they will look for every mark esp on the wheels by all accounts. But get their offer on writing and take it to bmw. Ask them to match. If you're a cash buyer of your new car it's really easy to shop around as you could by it from bmw Aberdeen for example, if the price was right.

but I'd say keep it m it's a much more unique and special car than any Bmw. And a new beemer will depreciate like a, well, new car. If I rcall you said you needed to be mindful of costs (as we all do) so swapping to a new car is illogical just from a total cost of ownership point of view.

Thanks for the advice.

I am inclined to keep it. I only need to weather a financial storm for 18 months then I'm ok. However, the compactness of the M2 or M240i  combined with the pace is enticing.

I will go ahead with the meetings this week and report back. What is more interesting I nearly brought an M135I, before my first ISF years ago. The V8 sound and the looks won me over then. Other than the M cars, the BMWs are a bit bland looking though.

I'll let you know how I get on.

I had an rac inspection on a black one three years ago and found it had been subject to a high quality front end repair. But as I didn't want to buy a crashed car, even if repaired well then I walked.

repair wasn't on lexus database either. Had a private plate so can't tell you what it would be now, but was in Gillingham Kent.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links