Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shahpor - you are right Advance was the most basic model aka SE, which was not available after face lift. However, SE was better equipped than Advance by default, but advance had more features outside e.g. DLRs and 17 inch rims (which I currently have on my SE-L). SE-I is simply SE + "infotainment" pack, which is sat-nav, rear view camera, aux/usb-in and BT. Basically, was a bit confusion between 2009 and 2011. So 2005-2008 you had SE, SE-L and Sport + oddball SR.. which was kind of SE + bodykit, from 2009 rear was face lifted, Sport was replaced with f-Sport, SR dropped, SE-i added as separate model, then around late 2010 front face lift was added with DLRs - SE was dropped and replaced with Advance.

To summarise, best equipped models are SE-L and F-Sport, SE-L has scuff plates, headlight washers, rear sun blind and memory seats as standard , while F-sport different seats with alcantara (memory was an option, but most have it anyway) and improved suspension with larger anti-roll bars.

SE-I ~ SE + navigation

SR ~ SE + bodykit

Advance ~ SE - ventilated/heated seats + 17 rims and DLRs

As well I recently realised that from 2010 only F-sport has paddle shifters, so if that is important you need to get F-sport (not to mention it is probably the best choice anyway), the second best I would say is pre-2010 SE-L with retrofitted f-sport anti-roll bars.

• Like 1

As far as I'm aware none of the se-I models come with paddle shifters. mines a 2010 reg and does not have the shifters on the wheel. Not as though I'm bothered because I wouldn't use them anyway.

suspension has also been altered as my 2010 is250 definitely feels much better on the road than my 2008 is220d did.

I'm not convinced that suspension changes were year thing, maybe that is because you have that gorgeous v6 petrol instead of terrible diesel rattle under the hood.

One thing for sure is that f-sports had better anti-roll bars and they handle much better in the corners than any other IS (obviously less IS-F). Coming from f-sport I can really feel much more body roll on SE-L

You can and as mentioned before, they are one of only few reasonable modifications. However you might be in trouble finding them in UK, most likely need to get them shipped from US.

I guess more or less all you need to know about f-sport anti roll bars:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension-and-brakes/513586-f-sport-sway-bar-review-for-the-lexus-is250-rwd.html

• Like 1

I have not seen or heard of anyone fitting flyaudio system yet.. so you might be able to tell us when you try :) But you know .. from what flyaudio says they business is to make replica systems for plug n play replacement from OEM, so they should fit. 

• Like 1

The buyer came here, had a look at the car, we talk it for a ride on the motorway and he wants to think about it over night. So I'm waiting.

Btw, I saw a lexus for 3300£, with 145.000 mile, which was nice, but when I start the engine I was feeling like a little shake continuously until I've accelerated. Then when it stop pushing the acceleration, started again. So basically it shakes when you start the engine. Is it a common thing or it's an issue? (I would say definitely an issue). 

My advise - go to dealership or even private seller, selling low miles good shape example... even beyond you budget. So that you can feel how the car should handle and sound. To be honest for £8000 you can get very decent car not even high miler, because Mk3 starts to reach £11k nowadays.. 

yes, as soon as I'm selling my car I've decided to go and take a look on this one: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201611260110570?colour=Red&make=LEXUS&transmission=Automatic&sort=price-asc&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&model=IS 250&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&postcode=b187ja&page=1

and if it's indeed really good I'm going to take it as I love the colour as well. But 1st I have to get rid of my accord :).

9 hours ago, ady_uaic said:

another question: do you know where can I make my future lexus steering wheel to look like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Sewing-Black-Genuine-Leather-Steering/dp/B00QKJUILG

Actually, I am planning to do this as well (as my high miles steering wheel leather getting shiny) a.k.a Mk3 RC/IS F-sport looks + gear knob from F-Sport

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS250-300H-GS300-450H-RX300-350-450H-LS600-GENUINE-GEAR-SHIFT-KNOB-NEW-/322342066607?hash=item4b0d1599af:g:m7IAAOSw4shYA9DQ (ignore the price, genuine and new ones can be found for £18).

My best guess is to ask at any place which does seat re-upholstery.. and I would expect to pay ~ £50-80 for good job. 

• Like 1

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:02 PM, Linas.P said:

Shahpor - you are right Advance was the most basic model aka SE, which was not available after face lift. However, SE was better equipped than Advance by default, but advance had more features outside e.g. DLRs and 17 inch rims (which I currently have on my SE-L). SE-I is simply SE + "infotainment" pack, which is sat-nav, rear view camera, aux/usb-in and BT. Basically, was a bit confusion between 2009 and 2011. So 2005-2008 you had SE, SE-L and Sport + oddball SR.. which was kind of SE + bodykit, from 2009 rear was face lifted, Sport was replaced with f-Sport, SR dropped, SE-i added as separate model, then around late 2010 front face lift was added with DLRs - SE was dropped and replaced with Advance.

To summarise, best equipped models are SE-L and F-Sport, SE-L has scuff plates, headlight washers, rear sun blind and memory seats as standard , while F-sport different seats with alcantara (memory was an option, but most have it anyway) and improved suspension with larger anti-roll bars.

SE-I ~ SE + navigation

SR ~ SE + bodykit

Advance ~ SE - ventilated/heated seats + 17 rims and DLRs

As well I recently realised that from 2010 only F-sport has paddle shifters, so if that is important you need to get F-sport (not to mention it is probably the best choice anyway), the second best I would say is pre-2010 SE-L with retrofitted f-sport anti-roll bars.

The Advance is rather more than just an SE. It would be better described as somewhere between an SE-I and SE-L.

Compared to the SE, the only thing it lacked was ventilated seats (it kept the heated seats).

In addition it gained the infotainment pack (sat nav + Bluetooth, including full postcode lookup and the A2DP profile for music streaming from a phone). Several other features were also added including DLRs (as you said), headlight washers, automatic wipers, auto dimming rear view mirror and high gloss interior trim.

Wheels were also 18 inch (well mine are and they were standard in 2012).

So all in all, not a bad spec and certainly a step up from SE.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ady_uaic said:

there is nav without full postcode check and one with full postcode check?

Full postcode entry arrived sometime around 2009-2010 (facelift?) (probably the same time that the Bluetooth A2DP profile was added).

Someone else may be able to provide a more precise answer, but if it's important to you I'd recommend checking before you buy.

Yep sorry, I cannot advise much in terms of Sat-Nav features as my opinion it is pretty useless anyway. Furthermore, that is not even Lexus or IS250 issue, but rather applies to all built in sat-navs e.g. just tried 2016 RC which is whole decade newer design than IS250 and sat-nav is still not worth a single penny.. it simply not as fast, as accurate or as easy to use as simple free app on the phone.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links