Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Well just over 4 years under my ownership and odometer clicked over to 100000 miles tonoght. I've never kept a car long enough to rack those miles up but why change now, it's perfect and  I only average 10k a year as I like to use my bike in the summer. It's a keeper.

• Like 1

These cars seem to be ultra reliable from what I've read on the forum unlike the diesel version . 

Really looking forward to collecting my new 250 this Friday. this cars a keeper. 😀

1 hour ago, Rebecca said:

These cars seem to be ultra reliable from what I've read on the forum unlike the diesel version . 

Really looking forward to collecting my new 250 this Friday. this cars a keeper. 😀

A new 250 Rebecca, or new to you ?

Buying from a Lexus Dealer ?

IF YES, WHAT KIND OF WARRANTY HAVE YOU GOT?

IF NO,WHY ?

Good luck with this acquisition and please do keep us all updated.

Regards

John

It's a 2011 f sport model john. It's low milage with just 1 former keeper.

It's from a local car dealership near my home town of hereford so will be getting the standard 3 month warranty and part exchanging my is220d . 

I'll post some pics for you all to see over the weekend 😄

• Like 1

Thanks Rebecca.

Think seriously about taking it to your local Lexus Dealership immediately and ask them to cast their eyes over it and ask if they will be prepared to put it on the Lexus Warranty for an agreed annual fee.

If they find any fault with the car,ask them to put the details in writing and then go back immediately (not another garage) to the Dealer who sold you the car and tell him that you expect him to correct the faults at his own cost. Do not rely upon the 3 month warranty he gave you as all of the faults identified by Lexus will have been existing at the point of sale to you and cannot therefore be covered by the 3 month warranty.

I do not expect your new car to have problems but to be forewarned is to be forearmed.

Good luck

Regards

John

• Like 3

Thanks for the advice John. The car has 5 lexus service stamps in the book and was last serviced around 300 miles ago back in September . I may indeed take it to lexus bristol for a check over or wait until the major at 30000 miles.

Specifically ask them to check the brake calipers out - front and back - these utilise slide pins which are prone to seizing and are not part of any service schedule by Lexus (or didn't used to be) - Easy check and most probably they will check but worth asking them to.

Its a job for an indie garage moving forward really as Lexus would charge you an excessive amount to both check and replace. You can ask your MOT garage to do them at the MOT time

12 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Thanks for the advice John. The car has 5 lexus service stamps in the book and was last serviced around 300 miles ago back in September . I may indeed take it to lexus bristol for a check over or wait until the major at 30000 miles.

You are welcome Rebecca. I was merely trying to suggest a way in which you could be satisfied with the condition of your purchase in a timely manner at little or no cost to you.

If you are satisfied with the approach you have outlined, then that is all that matters.

I wish you well with the IS 250.Do keep in touch with the Forum.

Regards

John

I'll be posting some pics John after the weekend for you all to see. I'm really looking forward to collecting my lovely new lexus on Friday. from all the positive things about the 250 I've read on the forum I know I've made the right choice.

I'll be giving the car a good run over the weekend as I'm driving up to snowdonia for a weekend hiking holiday . 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links