Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2007 IS250 traction control

Ive owned my 07 IS250 for about 4 months. After owning an 02 IS200 for just over 4 years. 

After a bit of googling and searching on here to try to get the traction control off properly using the pedal dance and other methods I gave up because nothing seemed to work. But last night I managed to figure it out. 

With one foot on the brake pedal hold down the traction button and at the same time toggle the switch to the right of it between snow and pwr a few times and it will disable the traction control and stability control systems until the ignition is cycled or the traction button is pressed again. 

Hope this helps. 

Be carfull with the traction control off, I was surprised how easy it was to light the tyres up with minimal effort. 😶

• Like 1

Some times in frosty and snowy weather as I live at the bottom of a hill traction control can cause a issue getting on my drive way plus I like the smell of tyre smoke. 

• Like 1

Think I'll keep mine switched on thanks. During the week with the icy roads I drove round a roundabout a little faster than I should of done and felt the back end sliding. Immediately the traction control kicked in and corrected the vehicle. Rather scary moment I can tell you. Hate to think what would have happened if it were to be switched off.

You've lost me. There's a little switch for turning it off/on. I always turn it off when I'm trying to get out of my driveway when it's covered in snow or ice.

No pedal dance required.

21 hours ago, dazed said:

You've lost me. There's a little switch for turning it off/on. I always turn it off when I'm trying to get out of my driveway when it's covered in snow or ice.

No pedal dance required.

As I understand it, the switch turns the TC "off" until it decides that you're driving like a pudding and steps back in for you.  To turn the TC truly and fully off so you can drive like a pudding unimpeded requires the dance as described above.

14 minutes ago, Wisty said:

As I understand it, the switch turns the TC "off" until it decides that you're driving like a pudding and steps back in for you.  To turn the TC truly and fully off so you can drive like a pudding unimpeded requires the dance as described above.

Ah, I see! I thought it only reverted automatically when you turned the ignition off (I always manually turn it back on again once I've escaped from my skidpan of a driveway)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2016 at 0:30 PM, Benji said:

Ive owned my 07 IS250 for about 4 months. After owning an 02 IS200 for just over 4 years. 

After a bit of googling and searching on here to try to get the traction control off properly using the pedal dance and other methods I gave up because nothing seemed to work. But last night I managed to figure it out. 

With one foot on the brake pedal hold down the traction button and at the same time toggle the switch to the right of it between snow and pwr a few times and it will disable the traction control and stability control systems until the ignition is cycled or the traction button is pressed again. 

Hope this helps. 

Be carfull with the traction control off, I was surprised how easy it was to light the tyres up with minimal effort. 😶

I had 3 IS'es and was always gutted by not being able to turn off traction control... how did you come up with this solution?

I am actually thinking to go and try it out right now... missing days like this:

20170104_102029.jpg

To be honest I was sat in my car waiting to pick up my daughter from brownies and I was fiddling with all the buttons to see if I access any hidden menus on the dash. I'll be interested to hear if works on everyone else's car. 

Ben. 

• 5 months later...
5 hours ago, iSalajee said:

If you long press on the traction button it also disables VSC after about 5 seconds 

But as soon as your tires slips, it will kick in...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links