Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Seat Trim

That horrible plastic trim between the rear seats  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Best option to cover the horrible plastic trim between the rear seats

• Alufibre/Texalium (OEM to match the console)
    • Carbon Fibre
    • Leather

4 hours ago, emjay82 said:

So the test part (which is actually the glove box trim off of the 2012/13 IS250) is back. Now for the test of trying to match the top coat to the ISF shade (which I think could just be the resin yellowing). I'm quite happy with weave itself but I need to get the right....

DSC_0026.JPGDSC_0027.JPG

@emjay82 Mark you are right it's the gel coat that is yellowing due to insufficient uv inhibitors in it during manufacturing.

You can't do anything about it now apparently.

Big Rat

3 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 Mark you are right it's the gel coat that is yellowing due to insufficient uv inhibitors in it during manufacturing.

You can't do anything about it now apparently.

Big Rat

No, but I have got some fancy expoxy stuff which could match close to the current colour. Off to the shed in my outfit lol 😁 

Just now, emjay82 said:

😁 That's not me, I have a silver cape... 😳 

Good one, my comment about yellowing in the gel coat whoever is doing it for you could you ask them to reduce the uv inhibitor in the gel coat, do you think that give a better match in time ?

🐀

21 minutes ago, Rusty Crobar said:

Looks good @emjay82. Fancy getting a set made for me 😉

I have an extra trim funny enough. It was £25 for the glovebox, aluminium weave was £100. The company were ok but very slow. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big Rat said:

Good one, my comment about yellowing in the gel coat whoever is doing it for you could you ask them to reduce the uv inhibitor in the gel coat, do you think that give a better match in time ?

🐀

Yep matching it now is one thing, over time it could yellow further and would be great of the part yellowed at the same rate. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Yep matching it now is one thing, over time it could yellow further and would be great of the part yellowed at the same rate. 

I'm convinced a man of your calibre will sort it 👍

🐀

• 3 years later...

Hi all,

Reviving an old thread, I've recently had all my leather treated and smartened up. I thought whilst it was being done, I'd get the rear bench centre plastic section covered in a single piece of leather trim whilst managing to retain the F logo.

It looks a million times better than the factory plastic. Having it carbon wrapped didn't appeal to me, never felt it looked right but each to their own.

The work was undertaken by a local craftsman who's business is called LN Trim. His work ranges from treating and cleaning to bespoke interiors from scratch. I've included his business card in the pictures if anyone is interested.

If anyone wants the same, I paid £700 for all the work, with the centre section costing £240 if you just wanted that doing. I recommend him, he was very professional and always discussed the next steps and process to make sure it was right. I had some padding placed underneath the leather piece so it was comfortable to rest elbows on. 

The F logo is on a plastic clip, so it had to be screwed and glued in place. In my car's previous life the centre plastic had been scratched so this wasn't an issue and IMO it'll never be taken off as it's loads better in leather. 20200723_183451.thumb.jpg.c5183fb22bb4ab4d82d4f697a32048de.jpg

20200723_183511.jpg

20200718_121151.jpg

20200723_183440.jpg

20200727_230016.jpg

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links