Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New IS300H MY2017 | fog lights cancelled?

Hi, I'm writing from Italy, apologize in advance for my not so sharp English...  I'm going to change my IS300H luxury model with the MY2017, I am a Lexus customer since 2004 with the IS200 Sportback (still I miss it).

I have carefully discussed with the dealer any improvement of the MY2017 that for me look good, for me this is a good update... I feel it as major update on my side.

Well, he does not know the reasons why the NON F-Sport models does not offer the fog lighs as the previous version.

I have to admit that in the current model, which got the fog lights, I never use it, because the full LED set is great also with strong fog, but I'm curious to know why they cacelled and does not offer even as an optionals... note that in the spindle grill it apperasr to be the space to place it... but they avoid to provide it.

Is that only an Italy version? Maybe... but looking the picture of USA version it look any of the MY2017 does not have the fog lamps.

Any idea about it?

Thanks

Yes, look like that... I wonder if the choice born for technical choice or any other reason.... do you remember when they cancel the curtain on the IS250 the the IS300H born? It was for make the car more lighter, so there was a meaning for a strange decision.

But for the separate fog lamps I hvahe some difficult to undertsand the reason.

Lexus say LED  Lights are brighter with greater spread & greater penetration (length) & therefore fog lights are not necessary  ---- we shall see!

Tel

My experience with the triple LEDs on my RC in the couple of foggy days recently would support that. The sharply defined dipped beam pattern cut through the fog without causing scatter. Much better than the xenons on my previous car.

Fog lights give the car a stylish look imho.  I like how they look on my GS even if I rarely switch them on. They looked great on the IS and the MY17 looks bare without them imho. Not even available as an optional extra.

Ed:winkiss:

Last night while I come back from Milano I've found strong fog in the highway, trying again the fog lights on the IS with full LED does not show a significative improvement, I think they prefer to save some weight also not offering them.

By the way, under a merely aspect of look, a solution as seen on RC will give the front a more stylish style.

To note also that even the 2012  LC-CC concept, which now the MY2017 is more close, does not shown fog lights.

Finally, yesterday just sign the contract for a Luxury+roof+MLevinson in Sonic Titanium + black interior 

I come from two IS total black and one dark grey.... so want to try a new color experience... 

Delivey estimated end of may :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links