Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thieving Cash Machine Scum :(

andyhart21

Johnny, Zee and yours truly were out in Hinckley on Saturday afternoon and Zee and I used an ATM machine in the town centre. I checked my balance online this morning and £850 had been withdrawn over the weekend in seven separate transactions, all around the Burnt Oak/Edgeware area of London. Zee also tells me that someone attempted to withdraw £3000 from his account yesterday. They must have used a cloning device on the cash machine and watched when we were inputting the PIN number. When we were queuing up, there was a guy standing behind me that did not go straight to the machine after me, he just stood there and another girl walked around him up to the machine. It didn't twig at the time but this must have been the a$$hole that cloned my card.

After spending 5 hours at the bank and police station today, I am still not sure that I will get the money back.

Just a reminder to be extra careful at ATM's guys, you never think it will happen to you.

As for the people that do this sort of thing, if they put that much effort into getting a job we would all be a lot better off.

FU*KING SCUM OF THE EARTH :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

The one to watch is the person standing behind you pretending to be phoneing someone when hes really inputting your pin no that hes just seen you do !!!!

Or they put a clear plastic film into the machine,doubled so they can retrieve it as it makes a nice pocket for the card,(you cant see it)so when you put your card in and punch in your pin no a person appears and says ....sorry the machine isn't working,after you've put the card in,and no matter what you do you cant retrieve the card and you think the machine has swallowed your card and when you leave,(thinking you'll get the card back from the bank in the morning) they pull the film out with your card and use your pin no that they have seen you type into the machine and clean you out....

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Time to get streetwise peeps.

Or they put a clear plastic film into the machine,doubled so they can retrieve it as it makes a nice pocket for the card,(you cant see it)so when you put your card in and punch in your pin no a person appears and says ....sorry the machine isn't working,after you've put the card in,and no matter what you do you cant retrieve the card and you think the machine has swallowed your card and when you leave,(thinking you'll get the card back from the bank in the morning) they pull the film out with your card and use your pin no that they have seen you type into the machine and clean you out....

They didnt do that with me matey........ I was able to withdraw cash and I still have my card.

when i was working in london and was a bit fitter than my plump self nowadays I had someone try and snatch my cash from ATM... I punched him and he fell over... my mate kicked him a few times before he scarpered...

Yep - they almost had some serious cash from me..... lucky they didn't...

Sorry to hear it Andy (as I spoke to earlier anyway), but you'll be fine claiming the money back.

Next time, we will be that little bit more aware of those around us...

Yep - they almost had some serious cash from me..... lucky they didn't...

Sorry to hear it Andy (as I spoke to earlier anyway), but you'll be fine claiming the money back.

Next time, we will be that little bit more aware of those around us...

I just wish I could rewind time mate - catch em at it and do some serious head squashing :tsktsk:

Real bad luck Andy, hope you get your money back mate. :huh:

This happened to me a few years ago. I used an ATM in Notts as normal and got my cash and card back. But during the following week (whilst I was away in Milton Keynes) 2 transactions were made, 1 from the same ATM and one from a local supermarket in Nottingham and they withdrew around £300 altogether.

After proving where I had been for the week and the fact that I had my card with me at all times, the bank said they couldn't do anything to recoup my losses. They actually made me feel like a criminal and that I was trying to pull fast one. After that I closed my account with that bank and have never used them again. :angry:

I thought the bank would cover my loss, but they obviously didn't. :crybaby:

Sorry to hear that Andy... Scum :angry:

I'm puzzled how they do it without skimming the card though.

Is this the thing where they put an extra bit over the card slot ?

Hope the bank cover it mate - i'd have thought they should.

Oh and Zee ...

Thanks for the envelope full of cash to cover the ferry mate :)

Hmm, that may be in bad taste ! :blush:

:angry: Makes you really mad when you hear this happening to people :angry:

I always try to cover the keyboard as best I can when typing my PIN.

Hope the banks checks for CCTV cameras near the machine at the time of transactions. I used to investigate fraudulent ATM transactions when I worked for the Bank of Ireland some years ago and we always requested footage from CCTVs if they were present.

Hope your bank looks after you.

:angry: Makes you really mad when you hear this happening to people :angry:

I always try to cover the keyboard as best I can when typing my PIN.

Hope the banks checks for CCTV cameras near the machine at the time of transactions. I used to investigate fraudulent ATM transactions when I worked for the Bank of Ireland some years ago and we always requested footage from CCTVs  if they were present.

Hope your bank looks after you.

I am usually so careful in covering the keypad when I type in my PIN - I cannot think why I would not have done it this time. Maybe the a$$holes had some sort of new gadget that can read the PIN as well????

My main saving grace is that I made a Switch payment (for which I must have had my card) in Mansfield (M1 J28) at 4.15pm on Sunday, and cash was withdrawn at 5.45pm in Edgeware. This is a journey of some 128 miles, I think I can argue that this would not have been possible in 1 1/2 hours on a Sunday afternoon. What do you guys think??

Can't see how your bank can not reimburse you ....

I;ve been with mine since 1977 :sick: ........zimmer on view..........if what happened to you happened to me & hey didnt I'd be off..........after seeing a big wig.............

these days they'd fall over to keep you.........particularly with your salary :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links