I have just bought a rx450 on a 10 plate that has no roof rails,what I want to know is would the roof rails off a 400h fit mine as I am struggling to get a set second hand unless i get them from lexus which are extortionate, if any body doesn't want theres then I am open to a purchase.

3 hours ago, granadaman said:

I have just bought a rx450 on a 10 plate that has no roof rails,what I want to know is would the roof rails off a 400h fit mine as I am struggling to get a set second hand unless i get them from lexus which are extortionate, if any body doesn't want theres then I am open to a purchase.

Nah they wont fit 

The RX450h's don't come with them as standard. However, worth checking ebay as Lexus Birmingham tend to have good deals on roof rails for the 450h

don't get me wrong I realise they don't as strandard but what i really want to know is will the 400 rails fit a 450 as there are far more of them in breakers yards.

9 hours ago, granadaman said:

don't get me wrong I realise they don't as strandard but what i really want to know is will the 400 rails fit a 450 as there are far more of them in breakers yards.

Like I already said, 400h one's won't fit. They're slightly shorter.

• Like 1

Talk to jo at lexus Birmingham she is very helpful and delivers quick,i got roof rails for my 450h for less than £170.I have asked about some genuine wind deflectors and she can do those for £260 which is still expensive for wind deflectors but a lot better than the £400 + lexus usually want.

Hi Mick, I’m in the same position, the one I’ve found doesn’t have the rails. Have you found the number instruction's for fitting them?

ps: Lexus Bristol quoted me £236 + vat. So not as good as Birmingham but better than £400.

Dave

still not sourced a decently priced set, sorry not got a clue for fitting I haven't thought that far ahead. 

I am also in the market for some roof rails - thanks. Any suggestions welcome 

me to for my 3rd Generation 450h. Lexus Exeter have these two long rails advertised for circa £350 on the net and ebay but more than I want to pay.