Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heading down to the new forest this weekend and might take a detour to the A272 which I've heard good things about as an excellent driving road. Its also got a good cafe on route http://www.loomies.co.uk/ 🎂😉. Has anyone driven this road, worth a trip?  

• Like 1

Driven lots of times. It's not bad - got some fast bits, and some windy bits. I've never stopped at Loomies as it's always swamped by bikers. 

Careful with the speed on the A272 - there can be quite a police presence some days... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mrfunex said:

Driven lots of times. It's not bad - got some fast bits, and some windy bits. I've never stopped at Loomies as it's always swamped by bikers. 

Careful with the speed on the A272 - there can be quite a police presence some days... 

Thanks for the advice 👍 , might be worth a visit but will keep an eye out for the fuzz. 🚨 

59 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Heading down to the new forest this weekend and might take a detour to the A272 which I've heard good things about as an excellent driving road. Its also got a good cafe on route http://www.loomies.co.uk/ 🎂😉. Has anyone driven this road, worth a trip?  

A272....I am quite familiar with it.

It's quite scenic, there are some very good twists, turns, long straights and twitchy bits but unless enjoyed very early in the morning or late evening the density of traffic will definitely restrict progress. On the weekend, add in the caravans, bikers, tractors, unmarked cars, village fetes, cycle time trials and....well you get the picture.

If I go to work early in the morning it can be tempting but then there are the pheasants, rabbits, badgers, fox and stray deer to think of. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Neil E said:

It's quite scenic, there are some very good twists, turns, long straights and twitchy bits but unless enjoyed very early in the morning or late evening the density of traffic will definitely restrict progress. On the weekend, add in the caravans, bikers, tractors, unmarked cars, village fetes, cycle time trials and....well you get the picture.

If I go to work early in the morning it can be tempting but then there are the pheasants, rabbits, badgers, fox and stray deer to think of. 

Thanks Neil, I have experience dodging wildlife 🐑 🐑 after driving in Mid Wales 😓.... The traffic etc is another matter and I will try to head early to beat the traffic!! 👍 

9 hours ago, Neil E said:

@Neil E Well that covered every motoring obstacle known to man, except me and Mrs Rat making progress that is 😂

IMG_2773.thumb.JPG.183679c6459a68bfe748d78f6c63d307.JPG

Big Rat

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Neil E said:

This is now my image of the A272....

Screenshot_20170505-102511.thumb.png.bb7442de987febf5e850bf295749eba7.png

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

This is now my image of the A272....

Screenshot_20170505-102511.thumb.png.bb7442de987febf5e850bf295749eba7.png

@emjay82 That's very good I'm just wondering though Matey did you have any 'help' with this from a certain little man 😂

🐀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 That's very good I'm just wondering though Matey did you have any 'help' with this from a certain little man 😂

🐀

This is my era 🐀, 1993 😓 .

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mrfunex said:

As long as you don't get this....! 

IMG_0594.JPG

Ahhh yes an impass,  only option would be to stop for cake until this obstruction has left the area. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, emjay82 said:

Ahhh yes an impass,  only option would be to stop for cake until this obstruction has left the area. 

Yes that's a familiar sight but oddly this evening it was flowing free. 

12 hours ago, emjay82 said:

Thanks Neil, I have experience dodging wildlife 🐑 🐑 after driving in Mid Wales 😓.... The traffic etc is another matter and I will try to head early to beat the traffic!! 👍 

Hope you enjoy it. I've tipped off the motoring section of the Village Gazette to see if they can capture a rare sight of an ISF speeding along our leafy road.

If you spot a dark and dusty SC dawdling the other way, that will be me trying to be late for work.

Here's your homework, it's 272 pages long.

download.jpg.07e311eb616cd94a0a4f066f617e3cb3.jpg

Edited by Neil E
Pic added
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Neil E said:

Yes that's a familiar sight but oddly this evening it was flowing free. 

Hope you enjoy it. I've tipped off the motoring section of the Village Gazette to see if they can capture a rare sight of an ISF speeding along our leafy road.

If you spot a dark and dusty SC dawdling the other way, that will be me trying to be late for work.

Here's your homework, it's 272 pages long.

download.jpg.07e311eb616cd94a0a4f066f617e3cb3.jpg

Bit of light reading there Neil, I might just read the back page summary 😉. Hoping to get there Sunday am all being well. 

17 hours ago, Flytvr said:

You want good roads, go to Wales!

I'm off there Sunday morning for a mini blat :) I think I'll take the Volvo.

A272 road report Sat 6 May - good so far, no delays, warm, sunny, top down.:cool:

I've done Wales. If you want great roads and less traffic, go to the Highlands.

Not the best video but play some Runrig or your favourite album at the same and you'll get the idea.....:biggrin:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Neil E said:

A272 road report Sat 6 May - good so far, no delays, warm, sunny, top down.:cool:

I've done Wales. If you want great roads and less traffic, go to the Highlands.

Not the best video but play some Runrig or your favourite album at the same and you'll get the idea.....:biggrin:

@Neil E I enjoyed that vid matey, I've included a link below on a SC430 that's just come up for sale near me, I was getting some fuel and saw the car outside but the dealership was shut.

A friend is looking for one for his wife as her Porsche Boxster is past it's useful life, can you give it the once over visually and offer any pointers at to what to look for that's peculiar to them, on the face of it it looks ok.

Big Rat

22 hours ago, Flytvr said:

You want good roads, go to Wales!

I'm off there Sunday morning for a mini blat :) I think I'll take the Volvo.

I'll be trying out the A4061 tomorrow and taking a friend with me for photography duties 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rusty Crobar said:

I'll be trying out the A4061 tomorrow and taking a friend with me for photography duties 😎

@Rusty Crobar Just remember everything Uncle Paul said especially the safety bits, have fun 😏

🐀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@Neil E I enjoyed that vid matey, I've included a link below on a SC430 that's just come up for sale near me, I was getting some fuel and saw the car outside but the dealership was shut.

A friend is looking for one for his wife as her Porsche Boxster is past it's useful life, can you give it the once over visually and offer any pointers at to what to look for that's peculiar to them, on the face of it it looks ok.

Big Rat

@Big Rat PM sent about the SC and what to look for. Looks a nice example, it's overpriced and the wheels let it down but just as you said, on the face of it, otherwise in nice condition.

Glad you liked the video, I've done that run a number of times back to holiday bases near Ullapool and Inverness. I've never filmed it or done it slowly to take in the scenery properly as that guy did.:wink3:

Speaking of 'safety bits' all joking aside, the '272' can look very inviting in places, it certainly can be a nice, enjoyable, driving road but unlike remote Scotland, there's a lot more potential for bad things to happen quickly. We do see lots of floral, roadside reminders around here, particularly at crossroads, side roads and the sharper damp twisty bits, it does focus the mind. Look forward to hearing the road report, have fun but stay safe. 

• Like 1

Here's another route to add to the list. I've lost count of how many times I've driven the Grantown to Cockbridge stretch.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Neil E said:

Here's another route to add to the list. I've lost count of how many times I've driven the Grantown to Cockbridge stretch.

@Neil E Listen to that utter filth 😂

🐀

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links