Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2 hours ago, dougie175 said:

Exact same reason why i wouldn't put any inferior filters in my car, there is no research at all that any aftermarket filter performs as well as a genuine filter but potentially to reduce performance

I agree with the point, that you should not put cheap filters... even OE filters are relatively cheap so no reason to cheap-out even more. Equally, K&N is not inferiour quality filters (rather opposite - they are premium/performance)... It is like replacing original Brigestone Turanzas with Pirelli or Michelin tires. That Michelin or Pirelli are not fitted standard it doesn't make them automatically inferiour. 

@peachy - looking to what remains of your cabin filter I am not surprised your A/C now works better, however I would argue it is not because of OE filter. I have replaced my filter quite a few times now and my experience is that cabin filters gets completely clogged in ~6-9 months regardless of the brand. So I would rather replace it with non-OE filter 3 times (£8) rather than once with OE (£25).

48 minutes ago, peachy said:

This is the pollen filter I took out. It was a right mess.

Since fitting the new lexus filter the aircon is a lot more powerful and cooler.

1501439776782184498500.jpg

You've caught a lot of pollen there !!  No wonder your aircon is breathing better.

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

K&N are inferior to the OEM filters in terms of filtration. Multiple tests have proven that. K&N are less restrictive. I guess it depends what you want from a filter.

I respect your opinion, but can you please provide so sources?

I will do the same to cover my claims.

25 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I respect your opinion, but can you please provide so sources?

I will do the same to cover my claims.

I'm sure you can use google like every one else but here is one article for a start:

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html

K&N is the worst, by a long way.

Toyota actually use K&N in high altitude countries (or have done in the past) because they are less restrictive, but being less restrictive means they don't filter as well.

• Like 1

IMO,   genuine filters for the engine for sure, especially fuel and oil, but for the cabin filter, then blueprint is just fine... as sone elese say,s always replace filters (and oil) ahead of the scheduled times..

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links