Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New IS 300 owner saying hello!

rich1068

You know when you see those ads and the car is listed with full main dealer service history? And you wonder about their definition of each of those words?

Would anyone like to see what full main dealer service history looks like? Of course you would :biggrin:

Run out of space now.

IMG_20200807_172853.jpg

IMG_20200807_172859.jpg

IMG_20200807_172905.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi there, I have owned my is300 sport for 12years now, and in my view if the car keeps going I will keep driving this beauty. The car best car I have ever owned, they are bulletproof. Mine is blue with cream leather, and the paintwork still gleams like a new car. Someone mentioned front calipers, I have just replaced one at the cost of £90 which I thought was reasonable. Why so few on the road, are they all being stored

Hi John.

They are lovely. My dad is still driving round in mine and knows I'm keeping a close eye on him :dry:

As to why so few on the road, I don't think they ever sold in huge numbers and though prices for the remaining ones are steadying and even rising they did go through a bargain basement phase like the IS200. Many unfortunately ended up badly modified or slammed into a wall by someone who'd watched too much Fast & Furious.

Keep an eye on those rear cills and keep driving it!

• 1 year later...

Well I've no idea who Bill is but I've got the car back off long term loan to my father. He's been driving around in it for the last three years but unfortunately he's having to give up driving and I've always said it was a keeper so I'm err... keeping it :biggrin:

It's now on 71219 miles and feels as tight as the day I picked it up. Just treated it to new tyres all round and a four wheel alignment. It's lovely.

In other news, it's also due to feature in an upcoming edition of Classic Cars magazine. More on that as I get it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, b4u2 said:

In the new book :wink:

IMG_20220330_111541173.thumb.jpg.1a7d838a31fae9acb1f114cb3724a81e.jpg

11 hours ago, steve2006 said:

I was referring to Bill Murray who played the main character in Ground Hog Day, Phil the weather man. 😀

Ah! Got you. Sorry, bit slow on the uptake there Steve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Out today and a few shots of the article.

IMG_20220615_192225678.thumb.jpg.ea951cea88e03f75ebe201d4ca4b8f81.jpg

original_4af51e9c-45c5-49ca-ad14-9f2fd9475cc3_IMG_20220615_192237679.thumb.jpg.6a1571f3975e30b708778ed80883b57e.jpg

IMG_20220615_194004422.thumb.jpg.cf8391a3a3db9999bd12dfb8b2c037d7.jpg

IMG_20220615_194015617.thumb.jpg.daad0db44b959018b685a1f9763a7742.jpg

In the end they obviously went with the E30. But would/could you daily a £5k E30/E36/E46 for 5 years and barely spend a penny on it?

Answers on a postcard please :biggrin:

1 hour ago, gdh300 said:

Ah, fame at last, Rich! There'll be no speaking to you now. 

Goes without saying, a smashing motor. 

I just texted you. I assume you've changed your number?

• 6 months later...

Hi all,

Just bought this daddy wagon a week ago, absolutely love it. 2003, LSD, 1 former keeper, 73k original miles.

I am looking to get roof rails, but there aren't seem to be many out there for sale. Any ideas how to find a pair?

Cheers

is300_1.jpg

is300_2.jpg

• Like 1

Congratulations and welcome to the LOC Balazs,hope you find the forum informative and educational, hopefully someone will come along and answer your question 

• 1 month later...

Another update to this.

I didn't stay in the IS300, my father insisted his driving was "fine" and carried on pottering about in it. Sadly he now has an Alzheimer's diagnosis and will have to give up.

So this will be going up for sale sooner rather than later. If anyone's interested give me a shout.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, rich1068 said:

I'm having a hard time giving this car up. My Saab 9-5 is a lovely thing but it's like a tractor compared to the IS300 :ohmy:

Face it Rich, it's yours until the very end... 

I may have to.

Probably shouldn't have told the kids I'd take them on holiday once I've sold it.

IS300 = 10 days, south of Spain, all inclusive

9-5 = wet weekend in Cleethorpes

😬

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links