Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Numberplate

TheDon

Well the lettering is legal, it has a postcode and maker on it. its on reflective paper stuff etc. and the fact its such a deep plate it means that there is nothing within 11mm of each letter on the plate itself. the reason that they normaly dislike slogans is that they come closer than 11mm to the letters. Plus im sure that all those legalities are based on a standard plate size.

I previously had from Halfords a set of "3d" legal lettering in legal spacing etc which is now illigal! the only thing legal is solid black lettering!

Perhaps i should just take off the plates and not get insured etc then they would go more leanient on me! hahahahaha.

In the end i like it and can get them for anyone who wants one like it from

Shane, call him at image Grafix on 01322 614669 and ask him to do a plate like the HKS lexus one, and he will remember, we spent 2hrs designing it, going thru a million changes. he was a top bloke and loves the car!

I had an italic and blue font on a previous car when I were a lad!

I was never pulled for it until I got speed trapped - :tsktsk:

Done me for speeding then chucked my illegal plate in for good measure.

5 points + 150 squids if you're interested.

Edited by ifraz

as people say, the chances of getting done are slim, however I think the HKS bit is probably the thing most likely to set it off.

Just carry your old normal plates in the boot. Also, they have to give you resonable time to rectifty the fault (like say a blown lamp) before doing you. 10 or 14 days me think.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links