Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Numberplate

TheDon

What do you think of my new plate! its got my screen name on so you will know if you see my car when your behind me, lol.

The company is local to me and will supply it anyway you want. with any kind of logo you can dream of. he said he is willing to do a deal if we were to order a few.

here it is

The plate

does look nice, though illegal!

How come..??? :blink:

no logos allowed!!! apart from flags of the country of origin.

Thats why i played it safe, and got an england flag, instead of the 'L'

Zee will be along with his robot quotes from the department of transport!!! :zee:

Still waiting for DVLA to get their act together so I can put them on :angry:

Aahh unless your talking about the plate makers name not being on it?

Yep plate makers postcode id required too, this is usually in a very very small font!!

However my new plates dont have them on, I should be ok :unsure:

does look nice, though illegal!

How come..??? :blink:

no logos allowed!!! apart from flags of the country of origin.

That is correct - only symbol;s approved by the DVLA are allowed (Such as the GB symbol) - all other logos are illegal on a number plate...

Regulation to follow...... :whistling:

THE EURO PLATE

Since 1st September 2001 there has been an optional provision for the display of a Euro-plate for vehicles registered in the UK. The Euro-plate is a number plate that incorporates the symbol of the European Union (a circle of 12 stars on a blue background) with the national identification letters of the member states below. This symbol is located on the far left-hand side of the number plate.

Vehicles displaying this symbol no longer have to use the traditional oval shaped national identifier (GB) sticker when travelling within the European Union. All vehicles registered in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales have, by international convention, the distinguishing sign GB.

The Government announced on 28 December 2001 the intention to permit the display of national flags and national identifiers on vehicle number plates. The Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001 are in the process of being amended. They will provide for the voluntary display of the Union flag, Scottish Saltire, Cross of St George and Red Dragon. Football team crests etc are not allowed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE BRITISH STANDARD

The British Standard sets out the physical characteristics on the number plate. This includes:

Visibility

Strength

Reflectivity

The British Standard also requires that a number plate must be marked with the following information: -

- The British Standard Number (currently BS AU 145d)

- The name, trade mark, or other means of identification of the manufacturer or component supplier. (The company who actually make the number plate.)

- The name and postcode of the supplying outlet. (The 'supplying outlet' is taken to mean a company whose business consists wholly or partly of selling number plates.)

- A non-reflective border and the Euro-symbol with the national identification letters are optional additions.

- There shall be no other markings or material contained on the number plate.

Full Details can be viewed here at the DVLA website

The HKS sign and 'The Don' both make it illegal.

Oh, r u sure about 'the don' bit?

Mines L200 ***, ***=my intials.

England Flag

Raz Rankin-www.lexusownersclub.co.uk along the bottom.

I was gonna get teamlexus.co.uk but then I probably would have got too many idiots trying to race me. All the sizes and logos are legal, so I doubt any thing will happen unless you happened to be pulled by a :tsktsk: of copper.

Oh, r u sure about 'the don' bit?

The British Standard also requires that a number plate must be marked with the following information: -

- The British Standard Number (currently BS AU 145d)

- The name, trade mark, or other means of identification of the manufacturer or component supplier. (The company who actually make the number plate.)

- The name and postcode of the supplying outlet. (The 'supplying outlet' is taken to mean a company whose business consists wholly or partly of selling number plates.)

- A non-reflective border and the Euro-symbol with the national identification letters are optional additions.

- There shall be no other markings or material contained on the number plate.

as these laws about postcodes etc have only recently come out surely its still legal to not comply if your plates were made before the date

obviously illegal misrepresentation has allways been illegal

the only ones i know that have been pulled for it have been on the motorways at the time, and then its only ever a warning

There are cars driving around with much worse and seem to get away with it.

Such as a lowered drop top 3 series, with a completely different italic font playboy bunny logo, and the words 'Pull Up To My Bumpa Baby'. And if i remember correctly, the plate tried to spell PIMP somehow!!

I showed my front plate to a mate of mine who is on traffic and he said that because the letters are spaced properly and the post code of the company thatmade it is clearly visible it is legal.. However.. My back plate, though legally spaced has no postcode on and two illegal badges.. He said only a stupid JOBSWORTH :tsktsk: would ever bother me so I think it's worth the risk :whistling:

post-50-1076527598.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links