Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking of buying a GS 300 55 reg onwards and wondered what the "L"  stands for on the SE-L version over the standard version.  A GS430 would be nice but few and far between and nowt up here.  My details on here are out of date as I don't have the 2002 LS430 now.  Thanks.  Jim.  

Hi Jim, take a look here; https://www.parkers.co.uk/lexus/gs/saloon-2005/specs/

SE-L standard equipment
  • Heated seats
  • Leather seat trim
  • Lumbar support
  • Parking sensors
  • Sat Nav
  • Space saver spare wheel
SE-L optional equipment
  • Central locking
  • Cruise control
  • DVD
  • Electric sunroof
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, 39buss said:

Thinking of buying a GS 300 55 reg onwards and wondered what the "L"  stands for on the SE-L version over the standard version.  A GS430 would be nice but few and far between and nowt up here.  My details on here are out of date as I don't have the 2002 LS430 now.  Thanks.  Jim.  

Shame I didn't know, you could have had mine and got yourself the bargain of the year!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Hi Jim, take a look here; https://www.parkers.co.uk/lexus/gs/saloon-2005/specs/

SE-L standard equipment
  • Heated seats
  • Leather seat trim
  • Lumbar support
  • Parking sensors
  • Sat Nav
  • Space saver spare wheel
SE-L optional equipment
  • Central locking
  • Cruise control
  • DVD
  • Electric sunroof

Mine is an SE and has all those except sunroof and DVD and I have the rear blind.

@The-Acre / Phil, OEM spec's are a guide but a car can be spec'd with their own variations, at least for other marks and I presume Lexus can too (not having bought one from new).

So what you see listed in an ad might not be exactly what the car actually comes with, exciting eh. So go prepared and check what is present and what is not.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 39buss said:

The following show the standard equipment for the four trim levels of 2008 facelift models but are roughly similar to the 2005-07 original cars, indeed these original ones are probably better spec'd as on the facelift cars standard equipment was either deleted or became an optional extra. Those 'options' quoted in the Parkers guide are incorrect as all those features were standard on the SE-L (I believe the sunroof became an option from 2008 onwards). In fact cruise control and central locking are standard across the range and if it has a Mark Levison audio system it should have a DVD player. A 430, shown here in the newer 460 spec, wasn't sold with different trim levels so everything was standard. The only options options on a 430 were, I believe, metallic paint and a part wooden steering wheel and gear knob.

3.thumb.jpg.876277ef8d2308016960d70065132a66.jpg.0271094db67027ca50536e3ee2ee0127.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.45d1bc497089bd57e743ca112e507e9c.jpg.cab4cc5529dc6b0b8419b26a95ebf5ac.jpg

• Like 1

The GS I was looking at on Autotrader sold within 2 days and with it being 180 mile round trip I was in the process of going the next day. Never mind, the search goes on, armed with all the good info coming from here.

On 8/25/2018 at 10:13 AM, Initial P said:

Having the sunroof is a real bonus on the SE-L I use mine all the time and the lip spoiler looks cool.

s-l1600c.jpg

Always loved the GS in silver. I was looking for one with the grey leather and dark wood pack (including steering wheel) but to no avail...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links