Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC300h listed as RC-F

I have noted (not so recently), that dealers keeps adding RC300h into RC-F category. It is clearly not an accidental mistake as they keep doing it, neither it is confusion with F and F-Sport (as well it is Lexus dealers themselves, so they should know better). It is slightly annoying (can be solved by setting engine size), but I am just wondering what is reason behind it? Clearly, putting the car in wrong category makes it less visible, not more! Currently, there are 11 RC-Fs (3 listing for new cars) and 20 RC300h listed as RC-Fs.

It would almost seem logical to do opposite, put RC-F in RC300h listing, because clearly RC300h has more traffic going trough and maybe being able to see that you can get RC-F cheaper then RC300h would maybe make it easier to sell.. perhaps maybe... but listing RC300h as RC-F clearly adds no value to anyone. Any ideas?

• Like 1

Theoretically... Generally, I am interested in coupe, be that Lexus or other... as such RC is clearly an option... I cannot justify RC-F, but at the same time fuel is minor expense and RC-F comes with better options then RC300h F-sport e.g. RC300h rarely has ML, whereas it is "standard" on RC-F. This makes it many times easier to find the car with ML+sunroof, which would be extremely rare option combo on RC300h, then you get ACC/PCS which is not an option on RC300h (pre-2018). And with RC-Fs going for say £30-35k it is really no brainier to go for RC300h unless it has ML+ sunroof and it is at least £10k cheaper (which it clearly isn't).

In short RC-F is much better value for money and actually less likely to depreciate either... All dependent on finding right car win right colour with right options and for right money...all usual stuff. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Linas.P said:

I have noted (not so recently), that dealers keeps adding RC300h into RC-F category. It is clearly not an accidental mistake as they keep doing it, neither it is confusion with F and F-Sport (as well it is Lexus dealers themselves, so they should know better).

You make an assumption that it is somebody knowledgeable in the Lexus dealership adding the listings, it could just be some junior admin person in the back office doing it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

Get the hybrid. All the parts are interchangeable with the RCF, so if you change your mind, you can shoehorn a V8 in it.

Let me also add. Why would anyone living in a traffic snarled City like London even contemplate a 5.0 V8? Pointless and a waste of a good car.

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

Get the hybrid. All the parts are interchangeable with the RCF, so if you change your mind, you can shoehorn a V8 in it.

You right, I think we have reached consensus that at least windscreen was the same... Thought, I would get IS220d if I would be in that game of making my own V8.

As for London traffic, you right - hence I say, I have no justifications, but money wise there is no difference or RC-F actually works out better considering it would depreciate less then RC300h.... and extra power would not hurt.. hopefully.. 

@Martin F - I agree, hence I said (they should know better), however considering how much RC300h are incorrectly listed I think there is some agenda behind it. It cannot just administrative mistake 20 times in a row, there must be something in it.

• Like 1

@doog442 Maybe just maybe it’s a deliberate ploy by autotrader to increase the hit rate, so let’s say you have an individual who wants to find themselves an RCF. They look on a ‘Thursday, and there’s 15 for sale, come ‘ Friday’  threres 20 but they’ve padded the page out with Rc’s....... just cynical guess work of course 😏

🐀

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Perhaps there's also an agenda with dumping IS200t's and IS200's together😉

But that is different.. IS200t doesn't have it's own model... thought I woudl be more worried by grouping it with IS200d, then IS200. Same for IS300h for some reason, but RC-F and RC300h have separate categories. 

I wish it would be autotrader, but knowing how it works I know that is the seller who chooses the model.... certainly don't see how they can "mistakenly" choose RC300h for RC-F... Again I think it is because they are trying to expose same car to different customers, but in my opinion it works to their disadvantage...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

But that is different.. IS200t doesn't have it's own model... thought I woudl be more worried by grouping it with IS200d, then IS200.

That was my point. The fact it doesn't have its own model points towards  lack of knowledge at the Autotrader end rather than anything Lexus are trying to manipulate.

How can Lexus sell IS200t's when they are listed under cars that ceased production 13 years ago ? Four years back when I was looking for my 135I there was plenty of cross contamination in the search field  but that appears to have sorted itself out.  

Do Lexus decide the listing ? If they do then yes perhaps they are attempting to open up the RCF to a larger market.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Do Lexus decide the listing ? If they do then yes perhaps they are attempting to open up the RCF to a larger market.

I would agree, but then they would need to put RC-Fs in RC300h model, not vise versa e.g. it would be an option for somebody looking at RC300h which rarely ever have ML to see that they can either have RC300h 2017 completely basic with poverty audio for £35k or fully loaded 2015 RC-F with few more miles...  and then some people may go for RC-F i.e. equipment vs. low miles.

This originally happened because the RC F launched before the RC and there was no RC category on Autotrader when used RCs started to appear so they got put into RC F instead - this even happened on the Lexus website. Since then the additional categories have been created but it still happens. Why? maybe it is a case of 'I've always done it that way' for some junior admin person or an automated system that was initially set up and hasn't been altered etc. I'm sure it isn't on purpose, as has been stated it probably results in a loss in eyeballs not additional ones.

• Like 1

Let me also add. Why would anyone living in a traffic snarled City like London even contemplate a 5.0 V8? Pointless and a waste of a good car.

There’s life outside London.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, st4 said:

There’s life outside London.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living in Scotland - I take my hat off and I'm very very jealous 😀👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

This originally happened because the RC F launched before the RC and there was no RC category on Autotrader when used RCs started to appear so they got put into RC F instead - this even happened on the Lexus website. Since then the additional categories have been created but it still happens. Why? maybe it is a case of 'I've always done it that way' for some junior admin person or an automated system that was initially set up and hasn't been altered etc. I'm sure it isn't on purpose, as has been stated it probably results in a loss in eyeballs not additional ones.

That would be great explanation, but that wasn't the case a year ago, first RC300h started appearing in RC-F category probably this spring and since then I see increasing number of these cars. At first it was one RC300h F-sport in particular and I though some numpty didn't pay attention and list it that way, but then more started appearing (mostly F-sports), but now there are even Luxury added.

Some time ago it was the case as well for say BMW M-sport being listed as M.. with clear intent to show somebody looking for say M3 that 335 M-sport can be had for half the price and bank on M brand. However, when it comes to RC... RC300h cost the same as year older RC-F... so there isn't really any saving, nor RC300h is even comparable to RC-F (as M3 would be to 335).

17 hours ago, Linas.P said:

That would be great explanation, but that wasn't the case a year ago, first RC300h started appearing in RC-F category probably this spring and since then I see increasing number of these cars.

It started happening over two years ago.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links