Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

As of about an hour ago I am no longer a Lexus owner 😢

About the only consolation is that the chaps that came down were very nice and the owner promised to look after it!  He said he is going to join the forum, so hopefully I still get to see it from time to time.

It has been a fun journey, and I miss it quite a bit already.

No plans to go anywhere as I do really like it on this forum, and besides, who know if I will own one again at some point?

One last picture today before it left:

20211008_130800.thumb.jpg.4018bdb7a08d61d512b1fb4e6e39900b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Shahpor said:

As of about an hour ago I am no longer a Lexus owner 😢

About the only consolation is that the chaps that came down were very nice and the owner promised to look after it!  He said he is going to join the forum, so hopefully I still get to see it from time to time.

It has been a fun journey, and I miss it quite a bit already.

No plans to go anywhere as I do really like it on this forum, and besides, who know if I will own one again at some point?

One last picture today before it left:

20211008_130800.thumb.jpg.4018bdb7a08d61d512b1fb4e6e39900b.jpg

Thanks for the easy purchase Shahpor. It will be well looked after and as promised I will send on pictures from time to time. 

Currently stopped off for a bite to eat on the way up to Scotland after visiting the British motor museum. 

IMG-20211008-WA0005.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Craig,

Thanks for making the trip down!

I am really pleased that it went to someone who is going to appreciate it.

With any luck you are home by now and all went well 🤞

Hope you hang around here and keep us updated, especially as this thread is yours now 🙂

• Like 2

@Shahpor congratulations on selling the car, especially to someone who will be taking care of it and now a fellow forum user and a Scottish - one more GS 450h to be in Scotland!

How does it feel to be without GS? You must be sad! When will you get your KIA?

I keep looking for another car (not planning to part yet with my GS) and have no idea what to go for, as soon as I imagined other car under my ownership with jerky gearboxes, dodgy reliability etc all that searching is putting me off of getting another car brand! I have to make my decision though next year!

I hope you won't be leaving the LOC forum!

Regards

• Like 2

Thanks chaps 🙂

I have no plans to leave here, and since the Kia Stinger forum seems non-existent, I still need somewhere to go everyday to catch up 🙂

How does it feel?  Honestly, a bit odd. I keep expecting to see it out of the window and there is just a gap.  It was sad yesterday knowing it was going to be my final drive in it (I may have said a few words to it on the way...🙂)

At this point, my Stinger is due at the end of November, so my GS sold a little too soon!  I am borrowing my brother's car for a while, but might have to consider something to run around in until mine turns up.

I know what you mean Vlad about looking around.  I really struggled to find something that fit my requirements, especially with regard to reliability and good dealer service.  I don't think the dealer experience will be as good for the Kia, but apart from that, I think the rest of the ownership prospects are looking promising.

I will of course keep you guys updated, assuming you want to hear about a Kia...🙂 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Thanks chaps 🙂

I have no plans to leave here, and since the Kia Stinger forum seems non-existent, I still need somewhere to go everyday to catch up 🙂

How does it feel?  Honestly, a bit odd. I keep expecting to see it out of the window and there is just a gap.  It was sad yesterday knowing it was going to be my final drive in it (I may have said a few words to it on the way...🙂)

At this point, my Stinger is due at the end of November, so my GS sold a little too soon!  I am borrowing my brother's car for a while, but might have to consider something to run around in until mine turns up.

I know what you mean Vlad about looking around.  I really struggled to find something that fit my requirements, especially with regard to reliability and good dealer service.  I don't think the dealer experience will be as good for the Kia, but apart from that, I think the rest of the ownership prospects are looking promising.

I will of course keep you guys updated, assuming you want to hear about a Kia...🙂 

@Shahpor I love cars so even if you have bought a Fiat (or a Jag) I would love to hear about it! Please keep us updating, especially a new Genesis is something different and looks like a good package!

• Like 1

I do like the look very much.  Interior looks alright as well, but I would be surprised if the quality is up to Lexus standards.

Auto Express say:

At launch, the G70 Shooting Brake will be offered with one petrol and one diesel motor, both of which are shared with the saloon. The petrol is a 2.0-litre four-cylinder unit with 251bhp and 353Nm of torque, with the 2.2-litre diesel putting out 199bhp and a healthy 440Nm. Both drive the rear wheels alone through an eight-speed automatic gearbox.

The G70 saloon is available with a range-topping 3.3-litre turbocharged V6 petrol that powers all four wheels, but this won’t be offered with the Shooting Brake initially - we expect it to arrive later.

So it looks like the 3.3 V6, which I am assuming is the same as the one in my Stinger, is going to be offered at a later date?

If so, then the last consideration would be the price.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all! 

Thought I should give my initial thoughts on the GS after my first 1000 miles.

I couldn't be happier with it!

The ride in Standard/Eco mode takes bumps and imperfections very nicely. I can describe it as floaty but in the most positive way. In Sport + it becomes much more planted and body roll is almost non existent but the car lends itself more to calm whafty driving not tearing up back roads. 

With that said, the power is impressive. I had an IS300H prior to this car and the GS makes it feel like a milk float. The extra power also makes the car easier to drive efficiently (or so I tell my girlfriend), getting up to speed promptly and allowing the car to sit in charge or eco helps to maintain very impressive mpgs considering the size of the engine.  

the interior is impressive. Black leather, dark wood and lots of soft touch ??leather on the doors, dashboard and centre console makes the car a very comfortable place to be. The infotainment system is easy to use and actually not very distracting when driving at night considering it's size. My previous car had the Mark Levinson stereo and it is still exceptional.

Heres a couple of pictures(mostly for @Shahpor ) taken today after the car had a valet.

IMG_20211024_175128.jpg

IMG_20211024_175214.jpg

IMG_20211024_175306.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Craig2795 said:

Hello all! 

The ride in Standard/Eco mode takes bumps and imperfections very nicely. I can describe it as floaty but in the most positive way. 

Hi Craig, congratulations with the new car!

When I bought the car I also noticed the floaty feeling, especially on motorway, then I had a chance to drive behind my GS (in another car) and noticed how the rear heaves up and down! I took it to Lexus and thought my shocks are gone but they seemed dry and normal so I just left it as it was.

I think it is a GS riding comfort feature! 🙂

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Craig2795 said:

Hello all! 

The ride in Standard/Eco mode takes bumps and imperfections very nicely. I can describe it as floaty but in the most positive way. In Sport + it becomes much more planted and body roll is almost non existent but the car lends itself more to calm whafty driving not tearing up back roads. 

With that said, the power is impressive. I had an IS300H prior to this car and the GS makes it feel like a milk float. The extra power also makes the car easier to drive efficiently (or so I tell my girlfriend), getting up to speed promptly and allowing the car to sit in charge or eco helps to maintain very impressive mpgs considering the size of the engine.  

the interior is impressive. Black leather, dark wood and lots of soft touch ??leather on the doors, dashboard and centre console makes the car a very comfortable place to be. The infotainment system is easy to use and actually not very distracting when driving at night considering it's size. My previous car had the Mark Levinson stereo and it is still exceptional.

Heres a couple of pictures(mostly for @Shahpor ) taken today after the car had a valet.

Hi Craig,

Thanks very much for the update.

Wow, it looks cleaner than it ever did in my ownership 🙂

So glad that you are happy with it, although it is still strange to see it being used by someone else!

I do miss it a lot but I am happy to see it being looked after so well.

More updates (and pictures) are always welcome 🙂

Thanks.

• Like 3

• 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi @Shahpor,

Gavin here, Craigs brother. Don't think he's been here much recently. 

Pleased to report he still has the GS and it's going great, was a passenger the other night and managed to twist his arm into giving me a shot, what a car. 

It was looking well when we washed it a few months back;

original_be0b540b-72e9-4f7c-851c-2b1e33edb3ad_IMG20220214165017_2.thumb.jpg.3ce8296ac0e6bc57bd5b192df97a6412.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for the update 👍

Really happy to hear that he still has it and it is going well.  Makes me sad seeing it though as I remember how much I miss it 🙂  Still, nice to see it so clean and obviously well looked after.

Please tell him to pop in from time to time to let us know how he is getting on.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi @Shahpor,

Sorry i've not replied here in a while, as my brother reports however the car is running well!

Recently triggered a warning light telling me "Grille shutter inoperable" so i'll get that addressed. So far i've not had to spend any real money maintaining the car apart from servicing and one almighty bill for 4 Michellin Crossclimate 2 tyres but that can't be helped. 

So far the car has 108,500(ish) miles and doesn't show any signs of stopping. I'll take some photos and post them here shorlty!

Craig

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Craig,

Good to hear from you and thanks for the update.

Glad to hear that it is (mostly) behaving itself.  I seem to recall that someone on here had a similar fault but I can't remember the resolution.  Hopefully nothing too bad.

Looking forward to see the pictures!

Thanks.

Hi Craig, I had that issue. Lexus Glasgow wanted something like £500 for part only plus labour to change it plus diagnostic so the bill would be crazy!
I found through https://www.amayama.com/ a much cheaper unit (Toyota 88940-30100 - ACTUATOR ASSY, SWING GRILLE), while it was getting ready to be shipped I removed the old one, just to inspect what could be wrong with it, I took it apart, checked the motor, lubricated everything and installed it back to car and it started working, no idea what was wrong with it!!! It worked until I sold the car and I hope it still works! 

If you decide to do it yourself, it is not hard but a lot of plastic protection under car needs to be removed and even front bumper unclipped or removed, again it is not hard and youtube videos tell you how to do it. Who knows, may be your unit is not faulty, just need to be taken apart. Service department in Glasgow never heard before that this unit can get faulty!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vlady said:

Hi Craig, I had that issue. Lexus Glasgow wanted something like £500 for part only plus labour to change it plus diagnostic so the bill would be crazy!
I found through https://www.amayama.com/ a much cheaper unit (Toyota 88940-30100 - ACTUATOR ASSY, SWING GRILLE), while it was getting ready to be shipped I removed the old one, just to inspect what could be wrong with it, I took it apart, checked the motor, lubricated everything and installed it back to car and it started working, no idea what was wrong with it!!! It worked until I sold the car and I hope it still works! 

If you decide to do it yourself, it is not hard but a lot of plastic protection under car needs to be removed and even front bumper unclipped or removed, again it is not hard and youtube videos tell you how to do it. Who knows, may be your unit is not faulty, just need to be taken apart. Service department in Glasgow never heard before that this unit can get faulty!

That's where I remember it from 🙂

How's the new car Vlad?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

That's where I remember it from 🙂

How's the new car Vlad?

Shahpor, I am quite happy with the new car (thinking maybe I should go for Kodiaq), it does everything it needs to, I can work on it, bought set of new all season tires, it is easy to drive, just a good car to be honest, I hope it will be reliable. My wife loves it more than I do! 🙂

I get it why people love SUV's, even small ones. I still would love to have an ES or even better an NX, but not now, hopefully later in my live.

How is your KIA?

Apart from having 5 distinct squeaks and rattles, it is good. 🙂

That and the fact that after 3300 miles I have averaged 23 mpg!

The latter was somewhat expected, although slightly worse than I predicted.

Having said that, these are minor things and it still looks good, goes very well and is very comfortable, so I can't complain.

• Like 1

Squeaks and rattles? I would go mad! 

Skoda front passenger door had one rattle on particular road surface and at particular engine revs, I removed the door trim and it was plastic clip broken that attaches the cable from outer handle to interior handle, I fixed that and no rattles for now.

On 10/22/2022 at 10:45 PM, Shahpor said:

Apart from having 5 distinct squeaks and rattles, it is good. 🙂

That and the fact that after 3300 miles I have averaged 23 mpg!

The latter was somewhat expected, although slightly worse than I predicted.

Having said that, these are minor things and it still looks good, goes very well and is very comfortable, so I can't complain.

That's pretty good for all that power a friend has a F10 535i & he says its likes a good drink 😉

I really wanted to come to that meet just to see your car more than anything, am I right in thinking it has a double clutch system? something the car industry has moved away from now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links