Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What did you do to your Lexus today.

19 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

I ran errands as the weather was quite nice this morning, got them all done like the good boy I am, went to reward myself with giving the LS a clean, got the pressure washer out, sorted the buckets etc and it absolutely chucked it down, so instead I sulked and sat inside the car and cleaned the windows... 🤷‍♂️😂

By the time the rain gave over, wife was home, dog needed walked and went to the gym. The LS shall remain mildly dirty for another day!

You take your dog to the gym? That's interesting, what does he like most? 😎

• Haha 2

Today is 'white spot' day. No doubt we have all seen these before. Minute white spots on the leather steering wheel. If you try to google them you will find every explanation under the sun including 'it was the aliens wot dun it'.

Personally, I have no idea of the cause, but today I intend to remove them trying various solutions until I get one that works. Probably start with a little baking soda with a dash of lemon to make a gentle paste. Finish with a leather restorer. here's hoping. Post Before and After pics later.

NB If it doesn't work the consolation prize will be a batch of blueberry and lem😉on muffins 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

You take your dog to the gym? That's interesting, what does he like most? 😎

The yoga classes, I would have thought.

Especially the downward dog….

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Today is 'white spot' day. No doubt we have all seen these before. Minute white spots on the leather steering wheel. If you try to google them you will find every explanation under the sun including 'it was the aliens wot dun it'.

Personally, I have no idea of the cause, but today I intend to remove them trying various solutions until I get one that works. Probably start with a little baking soda with a dash of lemon to make a gentle paste. Finish with a leather restorer. here's hoping. Post Before and After pics later.

NB If it doesn't work the consolation prize will be a batch of blueberry and lem😉on muffins 

So recalling the old adage approach with the least intervention first I kicked off with simple warm water and a few drops of Starlight. Job done, nothingelse required other a quick buff over with some leather restorer.BeforeSw.thumb.jpg.b145110c22b5331af37f1f4cbc5ebae4.jpg

After SW.jpg

Whilst I was out there I noticed a slight disparity in the brightness of the headlights. The passenger side to me appears that bit more misty than the drivers side. Particularly the upper section. So, I think that is my next job. Do both headlights. Not immediately apparent to me are the headlights of the glass ,or plastic type?

I quite like the fact that there are small things that I can do myself within my limited skillset.

Driverside HL.jpg

Passenger HL.jpg

5 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

So recalling the old adage approach with the least intervention first I kicked off with simple warm water and a few drops of Starlight. Job done, nothingelse required other a quick buff over with some leather restorer.BeforeSw.thumb.jpg.b145110c22b5331af37f1f4cbc5ebae4.jpg

After SW.jpg

Starlight?

• Haha 1

Way hey…my LS400 got its MOT!

Lost my previous advisories on rear tyres and rust on chassis as I’ve attended to both 

but have a new advisory for slight wear on front drop links. I’ve had the parts for a while but copped out when trying to shift a nut…wasn’t in the mood but I’m up for it now having taken the front suspension apart to replace a wheel bearing. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

Anything with the bark-bells 😉

2023-09-2318_36_01.thumb.jpg.adbd0c7bfcd9521a423613b514a0943b.jpg

Bark Bells!  Really?

Lucky I didn’t post my joke about the Parallel Barks!

Oh, drat! 🙁

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Not immediately apparent to me are the headlights of the glass ,or plastic type?

the last glass headlights with Lexus were the Mk3 Ls400

Malc

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Dishwasher liquid!

Must be a northern thing!

Ee bah gum, no, we use donkey stones up 'ere.  Don't even dare ask what they are. Clue - Grandma used to use them to clean the front doorstep and they are not from anywhere near a donkey's back end.

Finish off drying the car with a good clean whippet skin followed by a Wigan kebab for dinner - that is three pies on a stick.

• Haha 1

Fink you are alluding to Pie Barm surely. Only place mad enough to put a Meat Pie in a Barm Cake to make a sandwich. For the uninitiated 'up here' people call a Teacake a Barm Cake. I know, Meat Pie wrapped in bread, really ?. First time I heard about it i thought someone was taking the proverbial out of me.

8 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Fink you are alluding to Pie Barm surely. Only place mad enough to put a Meat Pie in a Barm Cake to make a sandwich. For the uninitiated 'up here' people call a Teacake a Barm Cake. I know, Meat Pie wrapped in bread, really ?. First time I heard about it i thought someone was taking the proverbial out of me.

Pie barms are for the posh folk. Wigan kebabs are for eating after 16 pints on a Friday night followed by a technicolour yawn up a back street. I hear that in some of the rougher areas ( and I do not mean Bolton ) they eat deep fried meat pies on a barm / bap / flour cake or whatever it is called in some places.

I heard recently that some people up North can still afford to buy and eat meat!  Our chippy still serves "scraps" and pea water to the pensioners!  Used to be free at one time. Fish chips and peas with scraps 1 shilling and 6 pence please. That's seven and a half pence if you got O-level maths.😇

• Haha 1

No, you can only buy whippets from registered dog breeders. And there is not much meat on them, but they stew down quite nicely and make a good gravy.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, GMB said:

Ee bah gum, no, we use donkey stones up 'ere.  Don't even dare ask what they are. Clue - Grandma used to use them to clean the front doorstep and they are not from anywhere near a donkey's back end.

Finish off drying the car with a good clean whippet skin followed by a Wigan kebab for dinner - that is three pies on a stick.

Brilliant!

On 9/24/2023 at 9:40 AM, Boomer54 said:

Thanks Malc. That's good to know.

Hi Stephen.

I recently cleaned up the headlights on my 460. They looked in a similar state to yours, not too bad but noticeably dull.

I took ages deciding which kit to buy to do the job and finally went for the 3M kit which cost about £20.

It was an easy job to do if you follow the instructions in the kit.

I will admit I was a bit nervous of starting as, if it all went horribly wrong, a new light assembly is about £1200.

Anyway, it turned out OK in the end.

I was a bit disappointed there was no UV sealer in the kit but there didn't seem to be any kit available that included the UV sealer.

I bought a separate UV sealer made by Turtle Wax which cost about £6.

The job took about an hour and a half to do both sides and then a further hour and a half to clean the car afterwards as it is a very messy job.

I used a Battery drill rather than a mains powered one as I used lots of water on the sanding discs and I thought it would be safer.

Anyway, here are some before, during and after photos as well as the products I used.

Take care.

Steve.

81hjBheDkpL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

SCA_346111_hi-res.jpg

20230816_120414.jpg

20230816_123831.jpg

20230816_130320.jpg

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links