Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Damaged 2 Lexus' at the dealership today...

Today I was the idiot you sometimes come across in traffic.... 

Excited for my is300h's first service since I purchased it a month ago, I set off for an hours drive to the closest Lexus center. 

Once there I realised the parking space just outside would be too narrow so I started backing out again. Check rear camera - clear. Check crossing traffic to the left - clear. Rolled off and I was looking back again through the rear there was a sudden thud. I'd managed to plant my IS in a new CT200h..... Both passenger doors crumpled on the CT. My IS got off easier, the dent came out and there's just some scuffing to take of.... 

But man I feel like such a complete and utter tool for causing this. 😟

/vent complete

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Nobody was hurt, insurance will pay out, you have dented pride. Won’t last long and you move on. Don’t dwell on it there are worse things in life, Cheers, Roger 

• Thanks 1

I spend 15 years working for a dealership, hardly a week went past without some car getting damaged, most of the time it was staff who were doing it.

It seems to go with the territory, and the fact that the dealerships do seem to make the parking areas really small, that never helps

• Thanks 1

My brother once worked at a Ford dealership where one staff member was bashing the boot lid down many times to get it to close, then they noticed the petrol cap had been left on the lip!  Back to the paint and body shop! We all make mistakes.....even Donald the disinfectant Trump.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the kind words ☺️ definitely helps hearing other horror stories! 

And to clarify, the CT was moving. I just happened to intercept it in the worst way 💩

8 minutes ago, mtDrews said:

Thank you all for the kind words ☺️ definitely helps hearing other horror stories! 

And to clarify, the CT was moving. I just happened to intercept it in the worst way 💩

Many years ago I reversed a lorry into a new Jag, so I know just how it feels!  I was greeting with (from a very posh man) "a Jaguar is a very expensive car to repair". Never mind my lorry I thought!

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links