Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New to the forum RC-F owner

Hi I recently purchased a used RC-F 10th Anniversary.

Having previously owned a 2016 GS-F and unwisely selling it, I was looking out for one recently but opted for the RCF instead. I do notice that it is slightly down on power when compared to the GS-F and understand that was a consequence of fitting a GPF to meet the Euro 6 ULEZ standards. I also notice that the 2020 models are back up in the power stakes. Does anyone have an idea how they did that and is it something that can be done to an older model?

• Like 1

Hello, I had searched and searched for the same info. I have the early 477ps rcf so happy with performance, but was just for interest. The rcf was reduced in power in 2018 ish for emissions. I am sure it is just a different ecu but don't know for sure how they did it. Can't find anything about it. The 0 to 60 is always quoted the same but I can't see how it can be exactly the same as the gearing is the same I believe, so less power must be less performance ? 

Because nobody does remaps for these cars it isn't easy to just remap it to match the earlier cars bhp either. The very new rcf track edition rcfs have 5 more bhp than the early rcfs and lower gearing so can do 0 to 60 in 3.9 second. I don't think you would notice 5 bhp but the lower gearing would be noticeable so must be down to only that for the extra exceleration. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, F.A. said:

I think the latest RCF also has a launch control feature which would help it achieve that 0-60 time of 3.9 seconds? 

Forgot about that. But the gear will make a large difference. 

1 hour ago, Jez. W said:

Hello, I had searched and searched for the same info. I have the early 477ps rcf so happy with performance, but was just for interest. The rcf was reduced in power in 2018 ish for emissions. I am sure it is just a different ecu but don't know for sure how they did it. Can't find anything about it. The 0 to 60 is always quoted the same but I can't see how it can be exactly the same as the gearing is the same I believe, so less power must be less performance ? 

Because nobody does remaps for these cars it isn't easy to just remap it to match the earlier cars bhp either. The very new rcf track edition rcfs have 5 more bhp than the early rcfs and lower gearing so can do 0 to 60 in 3.9 second. I don't think you would notice 5 bhp but the lower gearing would be noticeable so must be down to only that for the extra exceleration. 

I thought the slight power reduction was because a PPF was fitted for emissions reasons....so reduced power because of a more restricted exhaust.

1 hour ago, XK140 said:

I thought the slight power reduction was because a PPF was fitted for emissions reasons....so reduced power because of a more restricted exhaust.

Could be the exhaust too but i was thinking the actual ecu would be different to correctly adjust for the lower emissions on the newer cars, so the fueling would be different. I wouldn't think it is just an exhaust, but could be wrong.

22 hours ago, timothyrogers62 said:

Hi I recently purchased a used RC-F 10th Anniversary.

Good job; you are the first one on here with that version

Welcome

5 hours ago, timothyrogers62 said:

I have the original photo from the dealer back in July

703a60738bff4d84b96c9fbd152aa0fc.jpg

Love the interior on the 10th anniversary vehicles. Bloody stunning.  

Rather envious 😁

• Like 1

Lovely pic - Makes two of us ! Got mine a couple weeks back and Lexus GB confirmed that there are only 10 x  RC F 10th Anniversary registered in the UK ! Love it !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, timothyrogers62 said:

I have the original photo from the dealer back in July

703a60738bff4d84b96c9fbd152aa0fc.jpg

Congrats, I remember there was another one at the same time with Lexus Twickenham.

14 hours ago, Silkmen said:

Welcome and fantastic looking RCF. However keeping the paint clean sounds like an incredible amount of work compared to a normal laquered finish 😱

agreed its a bit different. but a mild wash with no wax and it comes up fine

On 11/7/2020 at 7:04 AM, timothyrogers62 said:

The GPF has very little discernible effect on the exhaust flow and is unlikely to have much effect on power in itself, There has been a change to the tune to accomodate the GPf in some way

my wife has a 2019 5 litre GT Mustang with twin GPFs and for model year 2018 they actually went up in power over the previous model. So the Lexus detune of the GPF V8 raises a few questions.

On 11/6/2020 at 7:12 PM, Jez. W said:

Does the engine in the current LC500 develop more???

2 hours ago, Bluethunder said:

Looks really stealth! Loving the interior, better than all black.

How does the RCF compare to your wife's Mustang? I'm assuming she lets you drive it!

She does let me drive  it 😄 but usually there are a set of missives like.... if you scratch it you can buy me a Bentley GT etc .

The RCF feels like better made mustang. The engine is better, better screwed together and the chassis more sorted.

But the Mustang is really nice to drive, surprisingly well built and feels a bit faster than the RCF but the engine needs winding up to deliver the power.  There is one area where it is sooo much better than the Lexus, the Sync 3 infotainment on the Ford is brilliant, works seamlessly with my android auto on my phone, SO intuitive to use and the B&O sounds great

Engine knocks out

466 PS (343 kW; 460 bhp) @ 7,500 rpm 569 N⋅m (420 lb⋅ft) @ 4,600 rpm

vs  The lower tune 2018 RCF

341 kW (457 bhp; 481 PS) @ 7,100 rpm and 54.6 kg⋅m (395 lb⋅ft; 535 N⋅m) of torque at 4,800 rpm

Also it is half the price of the RCF.

15 minutes ago, timothyrogers62 said:

She does let me drive  it 😄 but usually there are a set of missives like.... if you scratch it you can buy me a Bentley GT etc .

The RCF feels like better made mustang. The engine is better, better screwed together and the chassis more sorted.

But the Mustang is really nice to drive, surprisingly well built and feels a bit faster than the RCF but the engine needs winding up to deliver the power.  There is one area where it is sooo much better than the Lexus, the Sync 3 infotainment on the Ford is brilliant, works seamlessly with my android auto on my phone, SO intuitive to use and the B&O sounds great

Engine knocks out

466 PS (343 kW; 460 bhp) @ 7,500 rpm 569 N⋅m (420 lb⋅ft) @ 4,600 rpm

vs  The lower tune 2018 RCF

341 kW (457 bhp; 481 PS) @ 7,100 rpm and 54.6 kg⋅m (395 lb⋅ft; 535 N⋅m) of torque at 4,800 rpm

Also it is half the price of the RCF.

There is a really good piston heads you tube video of these two cars getting compared. He is saying the same as you. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links