Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Dealer Or Local Mot Station?

Maz

my IS will be due for it first MOT in July, would you guys say a Lexus dealer the best place to get it MOT or a Local MOT station, the reason i ask is i got so many mods on my car, SC,Fcon, Tein coilover, PIAA Blubs, JDM Headlight, de-cats etc etc, am bit worry if the car fail it MOT, what do they check normally anyway? i was thinking about Lexus Leeds, but not sure if they MOT the car at their site or elsewhere (dont want them to drive my car around Leeds that for a start,)...or shall i goto the local MOT station where i can see them doing the test?

my IS will be due for it first MOT in July, would you guys say a Lexus dealer the best place to get it MOT or a Local MOT station, the reason i ask is i got so many mods on my car, SC,Fcon, Tein coilover, Piaa Blubs, JDM Headlight, de-cats etc etc, am bit worry if the car fail it MOT, what do they check normally anyway? i was thinking about Lexus Leeds, but not sure if they MOT the car at their site or elsewhere (dont want them to drive my car around Leeds that for a start,)...or shall i goto the local MOT station where i can see them doing the test?

I took my car to local MOT place last year, no problems at all. Will be taking it back next week for second MOT. Last year passed without any problems at all although did need to be warmed up a lot for the emissions test - passed with 0.13 in the end.

i will ask and see if Lexus Leeds do it on site if they do then great if not i goto my local MOT place, dont very want to drive around town 300 times to get the cat hot enough for the test...hehehe :lol::lol::lol: :P :P :P what else do they test?its mainly the emissions?

I had my RX MOTed at RMB Teesside the 'new' Lexus dealer. No problems at all and very efficient service. It was MOTed on site as I had a couple of coffees whilst I waited.

As Colin Barber has said it was a standard charge (£40.75) which I understand is not discountable.

my IS will be due for it first MOT in July, would you guys say a Lexus dealer the best place to get it MOT or a Local MOT station, the reason i ask is i got so many mods on my car, SC,Fcon, Tein coilover, Piaa Blubs, JDM Headlight, de-cats etc etc, am bit worry if the car fail it MOT, what do they check normally anyway? i was thinking about Lexus Leeds, but not sure if they MOT the car at their site or elsewhere (dont want them to drive my car around Leeds that for a start,)...or shall i goto the local MOT station where i can see them doing the test?

I'm not sure about Lexus Leeds but Toyota Leeds next door (both now owned by Benfields) send your car away to an MOT testing station as they can't do this on site... or at least they did when I took my MR2 in for an MOT last year.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links