Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Take A Pic..

Scorpion

Im looking on building a nice size Dbl garage measuring 8.2mx6.2m and having a lil workshop at one end.

But im still umming and arring over materials......

Do i..

1) Use 8" air blocks, that would be equivalent to 6 normal housbricks so would be a much faster build. These would then need to be rendered though

2) concrete solid blocks dbl leaf build with block, but they are bleedin heavy.

or

3) use normal housebrick, which means 6 times the amount of brick + internal 4" block leaf.

I thought it would be pretty easy to build the damned thing, on top of this im still waiting for a price for roof trusses.

DOH :yawn:

Im looking on building a nice size Dbl garage measuring 8.2mx6.2m and having a lil workshop at one end.

But im still umming and arring over materials......

Do i..

1) Use 8" air blocks, that would be equivalent to 6 normal housbricks so would be a much faster build. These would then need to be rendered though

2) concrete solid blocks dbl leaf build with block, but they are bleedin heavy.

or

3) use normal housebrick, which means 6 times the amount of brick + internal 4" block leaf.

I thought it would be pretty easy to build the damned thing, on top of this im still waiting for a price for roof trusses.

DOH :yawn:

i think a lot will be on your preference

but how will it look in each of the different types ,will it match surrounding buildings etc:

why do you wanna put cavity walls in ?

unless you are planning to make it more than a garage

are you planning to do it yourself ?

you are right in saying concrete blocks are heavy

and hard work!!

but dont require rendering

and when you finish it ,can you come and finish mine :lol:

ITS not DIY SOS :ohmy:

Bugger..and i can put up a pic....well a computer generated version anyway :)

Love to help finish yours..........but im bad enough wid me own.

BTW.yes it is a DIY job.....quotes were 5K to build it (Labour)!

My next pad will have a garage as I do want to be able to do the silly things to my car without my neighbours laughing at me (when I am painting my brake calipers) while they get into their alpha 156's, then I just laugh at them :P

Would love a double garage and a house I have had my beady eye on with a double garage is rumored to be going for sale soon (my mother in law is 2 doors awayu from it, which could be a very bad thing hehe )

mine is integrated as part of the house (1st and most important feature for me when looking for houses)... and the Lex just fits it (length and width)... there is nothing else in there apart from the car!

well, I have to work on it on the driveway, cos there isnt enough room to swing an earwig when the car is in the garage (i have about 4-6 inches on the drivers side)

How do you get out mate???? You're not a midgit are you? I wouldn't fit my wrist through a gap that small (that's cos I'm a fat knacker!!)

well, I have to work on it on the driveway, cos there isnt enough room to swing an earwig when the car is in the garage (i have about 4-6 inches on the drivers side)

How do you get out mate???? You're not a midgit are you? I wouldn't fit my wrist through a gap that small (that's cos I'm a fat knacker!!)

i guess you have not met ian yet :lol::lol::lol::lol:

i guess you have not met ian yet :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

Well, its a squeeze, if i get the car tight against the left wall (once got it too tight :blush: ) and if i slide sideways, Im okay... probably have more like 8/10 inches to be honest, dunno, never measured it!?!

Tis a squeeze though!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links