Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS F owners UK

17 hours ago, ironrose said:

Well as long as the greedy fuel companies keep looting, people will be a bit skeptical buying big engined cars even if they are desirable.

The government printed 25% of the total money in circulation in the last 24 months. We were all sat at home doing nothing and being paid to do it, with zero output or productivity, there was always going to be inflation.

The fuel companies were just the first company to adjust their prices.

Same here. Didn't get a single day on furlough and had to work my a*** off during the pandemic. I was working for Pfiz** at the time and being in a operations role there was so much to deal with and happily accepted redundancy last may and moved on to a different industry. 

Everyone had their own share of pain during the pandemic, and cant generalise we all sat at home doing nothing. 

Vastly different experience for me.... I got paid to work from home, my company didn't think to provide me with a laptop (essential as it needed correct software to access our system/ database), so I basically got paid to train our 8 week old GSD and watch Netflix 🤷‍♂️😆. Flip side was, as soon as we were allowed back into office as essential/ key workers, I was numero uno on that list! 😞

• Like 1

During the first "lockdown"I mostly delivered BBQ's to the Highgate area of London for the now defunct (8/12/20) supply chain firm I worked for at the time 8 months off work then found a better as a service engineer & much happier all the guys at my depot were on furlough both times.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Duggie B said:

And another blue one has appeared 

I think that car was advertised on a rather inconspicuous website for sometime and only made it to autotrader now 

https://www.friday-ad.co.uk/east-grinstead/cars/lexus-gsf-5-0-v8-mark-levinson-sunroof-azure-19987243/?utm_source=LexusOwnersClubUK&utm_medium=ForumLinks

On 6/23/2022 at 9:27 PM, hockeyedwards said:

Yesssss, join ussssss 😆 my one is not showroom though, under reconstruction is more appropriate. Tough decision though isn't it, daily the 5L or 4L V8...? 😛

Honestly we paid just under 18k for this 1991 LS400 it is **** immaculate, unless you go to toyota and pull an LS400 out their collection, we have the cleanest in the country, im pretty sure anyway🤣

13 hours ago, ironrose said:

The advert for 66reg silver one on auto trader is now gone. Hopefully its with someone who'll turnup here 

It may be a pro drifter who bought it ,i had him come down and gave him a ride in my GSF, he was stuck between an LC500 or GSF, within 2 minutes of the drive he said he would now buy a GSF over an LC500 any day, he was such a down to earth guy and he even had a look at the LS400 and was amazed with how clean it was!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GSF_REG said:

Honestly we paid just under 18k for this 1991 LS400 it is **** immaculate, unless you go to toyota and pull an LS400 out their collection, we have the cleanest in the country, im pretty sure anyway🤣

Funnily enough, I've just bought another one... 1996 though, is mint with near full Lex/ Toyota service history. Will probs drive it a bit but was bought as a semi-investment.

If yours is the one I think it is, was discussed greatly on the LS forum as a positive benchmark for our cars value. The LS's go for strong money in the US, so lets hope the trend rubs off over here 😛

1 hour ago, Duggie B said:

Still showing on Fleabay £37995

The ad was so lazy awful images still from the auction. It's also still listed on their website. 

2 hours ago, Arnett said:

The ad was so lazy awful images still from the auction. It's also still listed on their website. 

Whilst I'm not a fan of the orange colour I prefer that to the wrap, but then I'm biased to sonic silver 😉 

12 minutes ago, Duggie B said:

Whilst I'm not a fan of the orange colour I prefer that to the wrap, but then I'm biased to sonic silver 😉 

Do you mean Sonic Titanium as your F looks the same colour as mine ? 

23 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Funnily enough, I've just bought another one... 1996 though, is mint with near full Lex/ Toyota service history. Will probs drive it a bit but was bought as a semi-investment.

If yours is the one I think it is, was discussed greatly on the LS forum as a positive benchmark for our cars value. The LS's go for strong money in the US, so lets hope the trend rubs off over here 😛

Yes they are a great investment! Going to be very rare soon, as they always get made into drift cars or the hearts ripped out! I think it might be the one your on about , pearl white with grey two tone on the bottom and cream interior!!😍will be coming to japfest next year along with the gsf🤟🏻

D9206052-5D1D-4A6B-ABC4-8B5FA2F0A369.jpeg

87549943-3EDB-4D0F-B4CF-1D70DFE9E2EC.jpeg

8D9F9A9C-1863-454B-B732-34C5345C7C17.jpeg

52169B5B-7922-4E03-964F-72DF552BD7C3.jpeg

B8D895C2-20DC-4627-B9D8-14157C631B77.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GSF_REG said:

Yes they are a great investment! Going to be very rare soon, as they always get made into drift cars or the hearts ripped out! I think it might be the one your on about , pearl white with grey two tone on the bottom and cream interior!!😍will be coming to japfest next year along with the gsf🤟🏻

D9206052-5D1D-4A6B-ABC4-8B5FA2F0A369.jpeg

87549943-3EDB-4D0F-B4CF-1D70DFE9E2EC.jpeg

8D9F9A9C-1863-454B-B732-34C5345C7C17.jpeg

52169B5B-7922-4E03-964F-72DF552BD7C3.jpeg

B8D895C2-20DC-4627-B9D8-14157C631B77.jpeg

Looks mega! The one I'm restoring is in same colour scheme but grey interior and obvs a later mk. Have you shared this on the LS forum? The other I bought, I genuninely thought was grey but turns out to be a pale green!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey. Can I ask your thoughts on insuring a GS F. I am 34 years old, 12 years no claims, no accidents or points, parked on driveway overnight, 5k mileage over a course of the year, lowest cost on money supermarket from a reputable insurer is £1100 ( lowest cost overall is £850).

Anyone got any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks 

Just now, ashyk36 said:

Hey. Can I ask your thoughts on insuring a GS F. I am 34 years old, 12 years no claims, no accidents or points, parked on driveway overnight, 5k mileage over a course of the year, lowest cost on money supermarket from a reputable insurer is £1100 ( lowest cost overall is £850).

Anyone got any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks 

I’m paying £450 via aplan Thatcham as it’s lightly modified.  Couple more years no claims and I’m 38.  The house I’m moving to though is pulling quotes in near double - so postcode plays a factor too.

3 minutes ago, speedfreek said:

I’m paying £450 via aplan Thatcham as it’s lightly modified.  Couple more years no claims and I’m 38.  The house I’m moving to though is pulling quotes in near double - so postcode plays a factor too.

Thanks. My post code has never caused a problem before in terms of cost, I know things change though and a couple of burglaries may increase the cost

I'm 58 with 25yrs+ ncb  kent post code last year my GS-F with AA insurance I paid £424 this year rocketed up to £760 needless to say I've shopped around and managed to find insurance same as last year' cost albeit had to suffer slightly more compulsory excess but still with zero voluntary excess and with up to 7000 mls per annum (it isn't my daily so probably could have less miles) it does pay to shop around.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links