Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Year of engine build

Bondis

6 minutes ago, nicnac said:

yep ! especially in irish wake..................but no drinking mind !

Did you hear about the irishman who failed his driving test ?...................he opened the door to let the clutch out !!!

Its Baltic in here !

11 minutes ago, nicnac said:

Did you hear about the irishman who failed his driving test ?...................he opened the door to let the clutch out !!!

Its Baltic in here !

nice effort, but if you don't mind I would like to continue to hate people. Ok? 

5 minutes ago, rob_clio172 said:

Sooooo back to the label... any idea anyone?

6 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Finally, not to look I am completely off-topic I wanted to note dates on the sticker are day and month. There is no way to check year from this sticker, but VIN should be repeated on engine. In short if you have original engine the engine manufacturing date will be same as the car's manufacturing date. If you have engine replaced, then it will have VIN of car it was taken from and VIN can be decoded as normal to figure out when engine was manufactured. If we believe what internet tells us then Toyota is very efficient with "just in time" process and engine is made days before it is fitted to car, maybe month at most, so indexing them both on single code just makes sense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Because Shelby tested his Cobra on motorway @180MPH in 1960s...

As a point of information- and to lighten the mood for a moment - it wasn’t Carroll Shelby who drove an AC Cobra up the M1 early one morning.

I was engaged on a project with AC Cars and met the chap who did.  At the time it was common practice for Manufacturers, dealers, tuners and the like, to use the M1 in the early hours for test runs.  In those days and at those hours, there was not very much on it.  And of course it was a lot cheaper than hiring a test track!

Apparently this driver mentioned his test run to a local reporter while discussing the Cobra, who then mentioned it some time later in a story about AC Cars, which was later spotted by a journalist on the National Press on a quiet news day, which was then exploited by an MP who’d been trying to introduce a National speed limit!

Mind you, it would have happened in the UK sooner or later as motorway traffic grew.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LenT said:

As a point of information- and to lighten the mood for a moment - it wasn’t Carroll Shelby who drove an AC Cobra up the M1 early one morning.

I was engaged on a project with AC Cars and met the chap who did.  At the time it was common practice for Manufacturers, dealers, tuners and the like, to use the M1 in the early hours for test runs.  In those days and at those hours, there was not very much on it.  And of course it was a lot cheaper than hiring a test track!

Apparently this driver mentioned his test run to a local reporter while discussing the Cobra, who then mentioned it some time later in a story about AC Cars, which was later spotted by a journalist on the National Press on a quiet news day, which was then exploited by an MP who’d been trying to introduce a National speed limit!

Mind you, it would have happened in the UK sooner or later as motorway traffic grew.

Yes I know that... I say Shelby, because it was his car which was in particular quoted as a reason, who was driving isn't really that important, it was test drive on orders from Shelby.

And you absolutely right, MPs were looking for any excuse to introduce this, if not for Shelby, then it would have been Jaguar, if not for Jaguar, it would have been Bentley or somebody else. 

However, fact is - they managed to make outrage out of it and it is still the cause. If not for those race teams testing prototype race cars, most drivers would not have reached even 90 or 100MPH and causing outrage would have been quite difficult, maybe it would have happed only in 70 or 80, by which time speed of 80 or 90 would have been selected, but because it happened so early, so low speed was introduced. 

I still quite annoyed that government keeps toying with idea of making it 80 or 90 (in line with Europe), but never get to it. I guess for one, so artificially low speed proven to be great source of income. 

In short when somebody causes issue and overly strict limit is introduced, it is hard to later reconsider that limit and raise it, because usually there are good excused for reducing it further, but it is very hard to make appealing case of why it need to be raised. 

1 minute ago, Linas.P said:

Yes I know that... I say Shelby, because it was his car which was in particular quoted as a reason, who was driving isn't really that important, it was test drive on orders from Shelby.

And you absolutely right, MPs were looking for any excuse to introduce this, if not for Shelby, then it would have been Jaguar, if not for Jaguar, it would have been Bentley or somebody else. 

However, fact is - they managed to make outrage out of it and it is still the cause. If not for those race teams testing prototype race cars, most drivers would not have reached even 90 or 100MPH and causing outrage would have been quite difficult, maybe it would have happed only in 70 or 80, by which time speed of 80 or 90 would have been selected, but because it happened so early, so low speed was introduced. 

I still quite annoyed that government keeps toying with idea of making it 80 or 90 (in line with Europe), but never get to it. I guess for one, so artificially low speed proven to be great source of income. 

In short when somebody causes issue and overly strict limit is introduced, it is hard to later reconsider that limit and raise it, because usually there are good excused for reducing it further, but it is very hard to make appealing case of why it need to be raised. 

I have a rope ........can you recommend a bridge?

2 minutes ago, nicnac said:

I have a rope ........can you recommend a bridge?

There must be some bridges in Ireland?! Isn't it... if not Boris promised to build one... although now he says it may be tunnel 😄

Just make sure it is not over the road, because I hate when they stop entire motorway for hours just because somebody could not decide if they want to jump or not... 

2 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

There must be some bridges in Ireland?! Isn't it... if not Boris promised to build one... although now he says it may be tunnel 😄 

Aye ............ hell promise anything to anybody if it suites .................all the fishermen voted for him and brexit . Now they will be eating sardines as well !

Just now, nicnac said:

Aye ............ hell promise anything to anybody if it suites .................all the fishermen voted for him and brexit . Now they will be eating sardines as well !

But that is good isn't it? now they can have their fish and eat it!

I am sorry... I thought that is always what everyone wanted... I just think they wanted cake, turns out it is fish pie - not big deal? Aye?

On the different topic... just replaced gearbox fluid.. or let's say refreshed it... should make you happy!

Just now, Linas.P said:

I am sorry... I thought that is always what everyone wanted... I just think they wanted cake, turns out it is fish pie - not big deal? Aye?

On the different topic... just replaced gearbox fluid.. or let's say refreshed it... should make you happy!

🤬I am warming to you Linas !!! but you can still hate me ...if it suites !!🥴

1 minute ago, Linas.P said:

No... you ok! You don't even own IS220d, what I would hate you for ?!

nope drove one for 3 weeks when my IS250 auto was in for warranty work on camshaft vvti sprockets as per USA TSIB . at just under 3 years old !wasnt impressed with it compared to the 250 . Thats when my gearbox jerkiness started . Turns out it was incorrect fluid level caused by incorrect procedure by Lexus tech when they had her in for engine TSIB . Thats when I took over and investigated and remedied the problem . 

yeah, but now I have revised that .... to 193k

to be fair car was throwing solenoid errors from ~188k, so I guess to be safe ~185k would be good time 😁

Now car drives like new, I hate I sold it and moved into this terrible RC200t. That 193k IS drives better!

2 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

yeah, but now I have revised that .... to 193k

to be fair car was throwing solenoid errors from ~188k, so I guess to be safe ~185k would be good time 😁

Now car drives like new, I hate I sold it and moved into this terrible RC200t. That 193k IS drives better!

I recommend 50k ............... £50 if you do it yourself ............but 100K if you are a cheapskate !....... and 185K if you are broke or a skinflint !

21 hours ago, Shahpor said:

I used to clean my EGR every 5k miles and it was still full of soot, so I can only imagine what 15k would look like!

I am curious what your manifold it like.  I always meant to get it cleaned but never got around to it.  I suspect if I had I would have found it mostly blocked.

20210222_111336.jpg

20210222_111343.jpg

IMG-20210222-WA0004.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links