Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Dashcam (Nextbase 380GW)

I have the Nextbase 380GW dashcam fitted to my car. This is the dashcam supplied and fitted by Lexus.

The dashcam has a 'parking mode' option that can be switched on/off. Ideally, I would like to have this switched on permanently, but I am concerned that if the car is not driven for a while (for instance when left in an airport carpark, if I ever travel for business again!!!), this may deplete the Battery to the extent that I may not be able to start the car upon my return.

Before I contact Nextbase (I think they are better placed to answer this than Lexus), has anyone got real life experience of this?

My experience is with a BlackVue system.  This has a voltage regulator connected to the Battery to keep the camera live with the ignition off.

The regulator is set to a minimum Battery voltage level so that the camera switches off if that level is exceeded.  That way the camera can never flatten the Battery.

I would be surprised if NextBase didn’t have a similar system.  If not, then I’m sure the BlackVue system would be suitable.

22 hours ago, DanD said:

I have the Nextbase 380GW dashcam fitted to my car. This is the dashcam supplied and fitted by Lexus.

The dashcam has a 'parking mode' option that can be switched on/off.

HI All

Thanks to those in the Forum who highlighted that the Nextbase 380GW is the dashcam which Lexus dealers now fit to the NX. A very neat and advanced tech dashcam

Lexus Cambridge will fit me one for £275. I do not believe this will include the Nextbase Battery Pack (£20) - I need to ask the question... 

https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/accessories/nextbase-380gw-battery-pack/ 

The Intelligent Parking Mode is a very useful security feature to have turned on to my mind but to have it on without using the car Battery it will need the Battery pack installing and needs to be wired to a switched live power source. 

Cheers Phil

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links