Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nice work John. I posted what to do after cleaning the MAF. I hadn't a clue the revs would shoot up. No one had ideas on here so I googled and saw 2 relevant videos. Tried thec1st but to no avail. 2nd one was from a truck company but that worked a treat. Oh I didn't disconnect my Battery. For the throttle body I disconnected the multi plug, intention was to remove the body but because of 2 pipes going to the body I didn't chance it. 

Looks like you did a great job with your clean and your product worked well. Just goes to show. I chose CRC products you used WD40. Now enjoy your car 👍

• Like 1

I disconnected the Battery as I know anything electrical is going to get confused. Being a sensor and plugged in it was obvious to me. Yeah the crc wasn’t available locally and only eBay but my research cam back with the

WD-40 contact cleaner which can be used on the throttle body also £5.50 from Halfords
Very  happy 

Also I’ve been using redex every 2 weeks for the past couple of months it has really helped my fuel consumption and performance just 1/2 a bottle every full tank. 

See those two little prongs on the inside of the fuel filler Flap? Those are for holding the tank cap while you fill up and will stop your paint work getting scratched!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Texas said:

See those two little prongs on the inside of the fuel filler Flap? Those are for holding the tank cap while you fill up and will stop your paint work getting scratched!

Thanks I didn’t even know that I will remember next time ....

• Like 1

Blimey Redex. Use to be really good stuff years ago then went through a really bad patch with lots of complaints about engine failures etc. Lost touch with it about 20 years ago. Personally I use Millers petrol ecomax. Used the diesel version in all my diesel cars with very good results. 

• Like 1

Wow really, I’ve never used it/ I’ve been playing around with cars the last 20years and only just started using it as heard good reviews abs got 3bottles for £6. You’ve got me worried now 😳 

No need to worry John. If it wasn't fit for purpose then it wouldn't be on the shelves. Ruddy eck 3 bottles for a sick squid? You robbed them m8 lol

• 2 weeks later...

@Mr Vlad @Texas 

updates I finally got round to putting my LED badge in the front. 
I wired the live cable to the 15amp fuse which is the headlights and then run the ground direct to the Battery negative. I didn’t take pictures as I was rushed and then it’s started to Chuck down with sleet then rain. Real wind up day. 

30D01212-EBAF-4FB1-8A55-29BE5DBF2BDD.jpeg

4BEE53E0-6C28-4D94-9EB7-EA74D0F008B8.jpeg

8505DA49-67D5-49F4-BF22-584A222336BC.jpeg

97AB1ABD-8579-4493-A00D-5EE657E4B988.jpeg

0FD262CB-E9C7-4147-9ADB-3A398B25827B.jpeg

• Like 1

Where did you get those black centre caps from John? And thanks for telling us about the wheel refurb kit. I had my wheels refurbished a good few months ago. Annoyed myself last week I scuffed my front drivers side wheel on a high kerb but my wheel colour is not a Lexus colour but a bmw grey one.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links