Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The new NX. Has it lost its fresh unique looks?

What's that phrase, imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery?

That's quite a nice looking SEAT, though I'd be hesitant about owning one, especially with a DSG gearbox.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, subria88 said:

That's quite a nice looking SEAT, though I'd be hesitant about owning one, especially with a DSG gearbox.

Had a Golf 2.0tdi DSG that went 200000km without problems in the gearbox.

12 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Had a Golf 2.0tdi DSG that went 200000km without problems in the gearbox.

John, you are only the second person I`ve heard of who  has enjoyed the pleasures of a fault free DSG box.

The first was a Taxi Driver in Andalucia.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

John, you are only the second person I`ve heard of who  has enjoyed the pleasures of a fault free DSG box.

Hi Roy

My daughter bought a 2018 VW Diesel Tiguan in 2019, a year old then with the DSG box. Now up to around 30K miles - no problems YET!

Phil

16 minutes ago, Phil Catterall said:

Hi Roy

My daughter bought a 2018 VW Diesel Tiguan in 2019, a year old then with the DSG box. Now up to around 30K miles - no problems YET!

Phil

My DSG Tiguan diesel was fine for the first 40k miles. Then - entirely without warning - the gearbox went bang (literally) on the outside lane of the M1!

Fortunately I was under warranty - just - but had to wait 3 months to get the car back as there were back orders on replacements due to the number of failures. At the time mine went there were four others just at my dealership...never again will I buy a VAG product. I’ve had Japanese ever since...

18 minutes ago, Phil Catterall said:

Hi Roy

Phil

Thanks Phil.

I should have added in my reply to John "second person to have covered 100,000kms"

In your daughter`s case she should be aware that it is necessary for the VW Dealership to change the transmission oil every 38,000 mils. Failure to do so will cause complications in due course.

She should also be aware that a common problem which has been identified is a hesitancy when moving off at say Roundabouts.

I hope that she does not experience any problems with her DSG.

I`m afraid that I fell out of love with VW and its Dealers many years ago. However, I`m glad that you have joined the World of Lexus.

22 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

My DSG Tiguan diesel was fine for the first 40k miles. Then - entirely without warning - the gearbox went bang (literally) on the outside lane of the M1!

Fortunately I was under warranty - just - but had to wait 3 months to get the car back as there were back orders on replacements due to the number of failures. At the time mine went there were four others just at my dealership...never again will I buy a VAG product. I’ve had Japanese ever since...

You are one of a number sadly Ed.

45 minutes ago, Phil Catterall said:

Hi Roy

Phil

The Golf had only 6 gears and riding automatic it was good. Going downhill it was good using the manual possibility to reduce the wear of brake disc and rotors.

The problems as far as I have heard came with the ones with 7 gear in them. Do not know of the later with more.

Remember to keep the service intervals. Automatic gear need good oil. Why some believe that Lexus never need new oil in transmission is not for me to understand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Las Palmas said:

The Golf had only 6 gears and riding automatic it was good. Going downhill it was good using the manual possibility to reduce the wear of brake disc and rotors.

The problems as far as I have heard came with the ones with 7 gear in them.

Remember to keep the service intervals. Automatic gear need good oil. Why some believe that Lexus never need new oil in transmission is not for me to understand.

The Transmission oil in my Merc, john has been changed every 40,000 miles throughout its 247,000 mile life.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

You are one of a number sadly Ed.

^^ The hesitancy was dreadful too, especially if slowing down - say approaching a roundabout - and then trying to get going before coming to a complete stop. That was simply a ‘feature’ rather than a reliability problem, but at times it was downright dangerous.

At least the motoring press have acknowledged that the DSG isn’t the fantastic gearbox they once convinced everybody that it was. I’d take a CVT or a good old fashioned torque converter every time!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

^^ The hesitancy was dreadful too, especially if slowing down - say approaching a roundabout - and then trying to get going before coming to a complete stop. That was simply a ‘feature’ rather than a reliability problem, but at times it was downright dangerous.

At least the motoring press have acknowledged that the DSG isn’t the fantastic gearbox they once convinced everybody that it was. I’d take a CVT or a good old fashioned torque converter every time!

CVT is great. The paddle shift in Smart Roadsters was also excellent. Never had a problem with that. Wife used it fully automatic while I preferred to use the shifters on the steering wheel.

The old MB's I had, were not shifting very smooth.

46 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

Ed You would not take a Nissan CVT--another load of trouble.

I think you mean an ecvt (as in Lexus) or a Torgue Convertor (as in my Mercedes)

To get back on topic I personally don't think that the NX has lost its fresh unique looks. The spy videos of the forthcoming new model demonstrates evolution and not revolution in terms of the bodywork design and I believe it will still stand out from a crowded market sector as a Lexus NX. What really looks to be interesting is the interior and the promise of a PHEV option. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links