Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Disaster Strikes....!

Nodstar

Had my Lex in the garage yestarday... On Saturday night I was Ambushed by a pothole :sick: The two week old tire was blown off the rim.. The wall is split.. My alloy is buckled... My bottom ball joint is now showing movement and to top all this I've only just had the wheels electronically alligned..85 quid... :o .. I've spoken to the local authority and they've told me to get estimates and stuff... I'm one step ahead :ph34r: I took a picture with my phone the day after when it was light and the hole is BIG.. See attached file. The dodgy thing about this situation is that when I went past again today I noticed that the hole is now filled in :o I don't like to be cynical but... Have they done this to try and stop my claim thinking that I won't have a picture already or are they doing the decent thing and stopping anyone else having the same misfortune as yours truly.....? :crybaby:

post-50-1080070594.jpg

Think I read somewhere else someone did something similar but didn't take a photo so it was filled in quickly and the council wouldn't have none of it..

There's a road in chesterfield on my way to work which is a right mess, they keep patching it but it gets worse and worse, feels like all four tyres are going to drop off when I go down there :(

good luck getting things sorted btw.

Aido, that was ifraz i think, it happened in cheltenham too.

Sorry to see that Nod. Hope you get it all sorted, its probably gonna take a while, hope your back to work and enjoying your lex sooon!!! B)

Theres a pot hole near a busstop on my way home, :tsktsk: me of , completely unaviodable as there is pelican crossing next to it.

Btw cameras phones are great, i need to get one :whistling:

Thanks Aido.. I've spoken to a solicitor today, he said to draught a letter and show him, then send it off myself whilst keeping a copy... If I don't get a response then he's gonna send off some nasty solicitor type stuff.. :ph34r:

I've got a SonyEricsson Z600 but the camera is crap in the dark..

BTW, if any of you go to Chesterfield be careful at one point on Derby Road leading up to boythorpe road as the surface is up but the metalworks are at least 60mm high and exposed everywhere, I've had to change my route as nearly took one of the alloys out yesterday :(

Raz.. if you get a Nokia with a built in camera.. Either the 6 or 7 series.. mines a 7250.. and then get a DKU5 cable you can download your pics instantly... Nokia pc suite 5 is available as a free download from www.nokia.com. Mines invaluable.. And not too difficult to use when connected to the laptop.. The picture on my avatar was took with my phone.. Check out the second rainbow :o

I think they re-filled the hole as it has been drawn to their attention, if they don't act quick somebody else will be making a claim in the same place if it were to happen to them.

I'd like to think that this is the reason but I'm not so sure.... Mysterious forces are at work here me thinks :ph34r: Filled in hole.. See attachment..

post-32-1080076549.jpg

Raz.. if you get a Nokia with a built in camera.. Either the 6 or 7 series.. mines a 7250.. and then get a DKU5 cable you can download your pics instantly... Nokia pc suite 5 is available as a free download from www.nokia.com. Mines invaluable.. And not too difficult to use when connected to the laptop.. The picture on my avatar was took with my phone.. Check out the second rainbow :o

:offtopic: my phones up for a well overdue upgrade next month. I need Bluetooth and a camera :ph34r: And i tight :tsktsk: when it comes to those things :lol:

Nokias look good and are easy to use, but no Bluetooth ? :unsure::angry:

:offtopic: my phones up for a well overdue upgrade next month. I need Bluetooth and a camera :ph34r: And i tight :tsktsk: when it comes to those things :lol:

Nokias look good and are easy to use, but no Bluetooth ? :unsure::angry:

Nokis 6230... Has Bluetooth and pics and video.. Available next month I think!!! I've got one provisionally ordered mate... Goto www.noka.com then to the phones link and you'll find it there.. tidy piece of kit :winky:

Thanks Nod,

My pocket probably wont reach tho, t mobile best give me good allowance as i've had the same phone for 2 years!! :angry:

ONTOPICE, get the letter in the post asap.

Bluetooth is great, sync everything with my Mac so the address book on there, my phone, my iPaq & iPod is in sync...

Also have a nice bit of software that detects when I'm in or out of range with the phone of the computer and stops playing songs and videos when I walk off... Even tells me who's ringing, stops music playing then and pops their photo up on screen - it's ace ;)

Yes, It was Ifraz. He thought that it was a manhole cover that had flipped up. We went back the next day to take a photo, but couldn't find it. :angry:

Yep, I wrote a letter to the local Chelt & Gloucester council and they passed on the letter to someone else who then sent it to someone else, all saying that the road didn't fall in their area.

In the end it resulted in nothing.....

Good luck with chasing up the cost of your damages. You have an advantage of taking a photo of the pothole which should work in your favour. :huh:

Thanks Nod,

My pocket probably wont reach tho, t mobile best give me good allowance as i've had the same phone for 2 years!! :angry:

ONTOPICE, get the letter in the post asap.

The letter is ready to go in the morning... Vodaphone will give you a phone for free depending on the tarriff you choose.. Request your PAC code from your current network supplier and you get to take your number with you.. :P PS.. NEVER EVER PAY for a phone.... They are a free item if you barter enough.. If they won't give you a free phone on contract then don't deal.... Phone shops get at least twenty percent back on your tarriff charges plus a connection dividend... :yack:

Yes, It was Ifraz. He thought that it was a manhole cover that had flipped up. We went back the next day to take a photo, but couldn't find it. :angry:

Yep, I wrote a letter to the local Chelt & Gloucester council and they passed on the letter to someone else who then sent it to someone else, all saying that the road didn't fall in their area.

In the end it resulted in nothing.....

Good luck with chasing up the cost of your damages. You have an advantage of taking a photo of the pothole which should work in your favour. :huh:

If they're gonna be naughty about it then I'm just gonna go straight to the solictor bloke... He won't take any :tsktsk: off them cause he'll want his cut... :whistling:

Nodstar

you defintely did the right thing in getting a photo of the hole - well done.

just for reference, should it happen to anyone else - try and stand something in the hole to act as a point of measurement of the depth.

A box of cigarettes maybe - just something that can be used tov show how deep the whole is.

your photo shows the area the hole covers, but the depth of it is arguable (I am not arguing - believe you completely! but should the council decide to get tough in anyway - the fact you cannot tell it was deep enough to cause this damage could be a problem)

Nodstar

you defintely did the right thing in getting a photo of the hole - well done.

just for reference, should it happen to anyone else - try and stand something in the hole to act as a point of measurement of the depth.

A box of cigarettes maybe - just something that can be used tov show how deep the whole is.

your photo shows the area the hole covers, but the depth of it is arguable (I am not arguing - believe you completely! but should the council decide to get tough in anyway - the fact you cannot tell it was deep enough to cause this damage could be a problem)

Good point Matt.. I never thought about that... :duh: I might get some kids to dig it up again with lolly sticks then I can measure it :whistling::whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links