Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel consumption CT200H

Las Palmas

happy last night what with most of my driving on motorways the car was doing around 53/55 mpg , on the way home normal roads car reading 73mpg well chuffed with that 

I've been getting 52mpg creeping around, mixture of commuting and some motorway, how do we get the claimed mpg figures? also mine almost always refuses to go into EV mode, says Battery is too low, excessive speed or not available.

13 minutes ago, Nick0 said:

I've been getting 52mpg creeping around, mixture of commuting and some motorway, how do we get the claimed mpg figures? also mine almost always refuses to go into EV mode, says battery is too low, excessive speed or not available.

Don`t expect to achieve claimed mpg figs.

If you get 75% overall you are doing well Nick.

See https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/lexus/ct200h-2011

35 minutes ago, Nick0 said:

I've been getting 52mpg creeping around, mixture of commuting and some motorway, how do we get the claimed mpg figures? also mine almost always refuses to go into EV mode, says battery is too low, excessive speed or not available.

This time of year I certainly get 60mpg+ without trying too hard. Colder months it will drop to 54/55mpg.

Around town I only use Eco mode and I get EV mode at least 40% of time if not more, often get EV mode up to around 43mph. I have never used the EV button I leave it to the car the sort out and it seems to work pretty well.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 12:24 PM, royoftherovers said:

Don`t expect to achieve claimed mpg figs.

If you get 75% overall you are doing well Nick.

See https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/lexus/ct200h-2011

Did what you asked me: Filled to the brim and calculated. 6.152L/100km.

Mountain city, as much up as down yes, but I may not be the only one here thinking that hybrid is not the most economic for this area. Very few Prius left and more and more diesels and gasoline plus EV cars as taxis here.

Drive same style and same places as when having the Golf 2.0tdi DSG 2005 using a bit more than 5L/100km.

The diesel was polluting with heavy black smoke when accelerating uphill. The CT does not.

15 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Did what you asked me: Filled to the brim and calculated. 6.152L/100km.

Mountain city, as much up as down yes, but I may not be the only one here thinking that hybrid is not the most economic for this area. Very few Prius left and more and more diesels and gasoline plus EV cars as taxis here.

Drive same style and same places as when having the Golf 2.0tdi DSG 2005 using a bit more than 5L/100km.

The diesel was polluting with heavy black smoke when accelerating uphill. The CT does not.

So that`s giving 47mpg John. Seems acceptable to me given the nature of your terrain. Thanks.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

16 inch will generally give better fuel economy than 17 inch Nick.

17 will give better than 18 or 19.

Partly maybe correct.

The area that is in contact with the road width of tyre hardness/softness of rubber is of importance.

Weight is of importance. Unsuspended weight mean very much more than suspended.

Tyre materials are quite heavy and the less tyre there is the less weight meaning that rubber-band thickness weighs less than the 45 there are on the 17" wheels from factory. 16" will have more rubber material and thus be heavier. Wheels will be slightly less heavy. The metal in the wheels from factory to factory are different.

https://dymag.com/ inform well about different materials for wheels. Once had a formula 1 wheel with tyre on in a car accessory company I worked in and it was so light that it was a shock when seeing it and then lifting it up. Think it was 13". Tyre was so thin that it would not last long for daily driving, but incredibly light. Made for smooth surface and not for lasting.

Most new cars now are getting bigger and bigger wheels but engines on the new cars are not supposed to use much more fuel.

The lighter the wheels the better the handling on same car.

39 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

So that`s giving 47mpg John. Seems acceptable to me given the nature of your terrain. Thanks.

Yes John. That is acceptable to us. Did not buy it because we believed it would drive 100km using only 3.8L. All factories inform impossible to attain performance.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Partly maybe correct.

The area that is in contact with the road width of tyre hardness/softness of rubber is of importance.

Weight is of importance. Unsuspended weight mean very much more than suspended.

Tyre materials are quite heavy and the less tyre there is the less weight meaning that rubber-band thickness weighs less than the 45 there are on the 17" wheels from factory. 16" will have more rubber material and thus be heavier. Wheels will be slightly less heavy. The metal in the wheels from factory to factory are different.

https://dymag.com/ inform well about different materials for wheels. Once had a formula 1 wheel with tyre on in a car accessory company I worked in and it was so light that it was a shock when seeing it and then lifting it up. Think it was 13". Tyre was so thin that it would not last long for daily driving, but incredibly light. Made for smooth surface and not for lasting.

Most new cars now are getting bigger and bigger wheels but engines on the new cars are not supposed to use much more fuel.

The lighter the wheels the better the handling on same car.

I did say "generally" John.

• 2 weeks later...

Best I got was 62mpg, on a long run to Oxford. Astoundingly better that the 16mpg I used to get from my old RX300. Although I still miss the air suspension, auto seats, Levinson Stereo, load capacity etc etc.

72mpg Wiltshire > Dorset >Wiltshire. Four in the car during the summer but i think it was before I fitted the Cross Climates and before E10 fuel. I have 17" alloys.

This was calculated by the car. Not by me.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links