Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ever Wished You Had Not Said That!

maria

Just thought I would share with you my major embrassement today.

I was asked to go and get some screws so that some mud flaps could be fitted.

Off I head to B&Q I looked all through the packets of screws they had and could not see what I wanted, so I thought it would be a good idea to get some help.

After waiting at the customer services desk for what seemed liked a hour prob only 10 minutes the man behind the counter said "and what can I help you with today", to which I replied "I am looking for a screw" and gave him the sample one I had in my hand, well you can imagine the scene the customers in the area were killing themselves, I went red as red could be and my mate was falling over laughing how embarrassing was that!

Any how they did not have what I wanted after a lot of looking, then the guy asked me for my name and number.

I can tell you I left a lot quicker than I entered.

Not that funny if you're not in I.T. but...

The following gaff was by a Team Leader colleague of mine at work - an I.T. director was visiting our helpdesk offices and was being shown round when the I.T. suit asked her a few questions about how the office runs. One of the questions was 'What's your support window?'

She replied with 'Er... Windows 2000 and XP'.

I had to hide my head behind my screen as I couldn't look her in the face after that. :D

Maria, what are you going to do when he phones you back and asks 'Are you the lady looking for a screw?' Could take a lot of explaining... 

Did not hang around long enough to give him my number. :blush:

My mate was so depressed before we went out, she could not stop laughing on the way back, best of it was they did not have the dam things anyhow and we had to do a tour of Newbury to get them, she found it highly amusing going into the shops after that telling everyone.

That's life, at least something to smile about for a change :P

I went into the local tip and said:

"Is it ok if I dump my load here".

Took me 3 months before I could go back without being pointed at!! 

Well it made me laugh, at least I am not alone.

And the sad thing is, its true.. I wanted to know if I could put about half a tree in the garden waste skip, which was almost full. At that time they were pretty touchy about how much you could take there.

The bloke there said something like "just use the loo mate, not the skip"... To which I did a very long comedy pause, and then realise what I had just said! :P

index to words used.

Naafi= forces shops

10 pack= a pack of 10 beers sold in germany

well, here goes, i walk into a naafi to buy some beer, i looks around and couldnt find anything, so goes to the counter and asks the young girl serving " ive looked everywhere, but i cannot find any ten packs,........do you sell ten packs............"

after a small look of confusion on here face, she replies, "yep there there behind you, .....why do you want tampax"

i had to walk out shaking my head

Start my new job and was quite keen to impress. I had a meeting with my new boss about a project that I had to do.

Talking about the nitty gritty he said "I wouldn't worry too much about that, it can get quite anal". To which I replied "Oh, don't worry about that I'm good at anal".

Stunned silence ensued whilst I went beetroot red, stuttered and stammered a bit before I beat a hasty retreat out of his office.

:o :o :o

Fantastic.

I have to laugh when I see the surf advert (I think it's surf) the one with Orville in it, when they say at the end go and toss a celeb today! how do they get away with that one.

Start my new job and was quite keen to impress. I had a meeting with my new boss about a project that I had to do.

Talking about the nitty gritty he said "I wouldn't worry too much about that, it can get quite anal". To which I replied "Oh, don't worry about that I'm good at anal".

Stunned silence ensued whilst I went beetroot red, stuttered and stammered a bit before I beat a hasty retreat out of his office.

:o :o :o

I would've walked out and never gone back... :lol:

Well it's safe to say I created an impression :blush: :duh:

I still blush/cringe/blush when I think about it. I've either blown any chance of getting a promotion or vastly improved them!

Maria, we could be a dangerous combination ;)

Here is another one of my blunders when I was working for Vodafone full time.

I turned off my pc said goodbye to everyone, got the odd comment part timer which I did not take any notice as I quite often did overtime, walked home only a minute away no hubby at home turned on TV expecting to see neighbours but that was not on so I phoned my sistere-in-law to see if he was over at her place at the time he was working with his brother, she said Maria do you know what time it is?

I ran back to work, well that one stayed with me for ages, funny thing was I said goodbye to my boss on the way out and she did not even ask where I was going!

And that was before I went blonde!!! So what hope do I have now.

:lol: :D ha ha, all very good. See Claire, said you were into the old wife swopping and kinky stuff!! he he

My friend did the opposite to Maria when he was working for pizza hut as a moped nutter. He woke a 7:30am, saw it was still a little dark, thought he was therefore late for work (he started at 7:30pm), so raced to get ready and drove in to work. When he got there the whole place was shut!! ha ha.

Just thought I would share with you my major embrassement today.

I was asked to go and get some screws so that some mud flaps could be fitted.

Off I head to B&Q I looked all through the packets of screws they had and could not see what I wanted, so I thought it would be a good idea to get some help.

After waiting at the customer services desk for what seemed liked a hour prob only 10 minutes the man behind the counter said "and what can I help you with today", to which I replied "I am looking for a screw" and gave him the sample one I had in my hand, well you can imagine the scene the customers in the area were killing themselves, I went red as red could be and my mate was falling over laughing how embarrassing was that!

Any how they did not have what I wanted after a lot of looking, then the guy asked me for my name and number.

I can tell you I left a lot quicker than I entered.

its o.k you are not alone...lol as some might know i work for a builders merchant and a lady came up to the counter as without thought she said " My husband has sent me down to get as many screws as i can get for a fiver " with a slight pause from myself realizing her wording could have been better..lol i said " and are you looking for a short screw or a long one" she then got on the mobile and said "richard do you want a long screw or a short screw" he must have said something to her because next minute she went the brightest shade of red you can imagine ..lol and half the builders in the shop where saying that they wish they got phone calls like that.... poor woman did not know here to hide..lol

craig

When I was at prestige we had a builders merchant and timber yard store opposite our shop.

I got on so well with the guys in there, that one day we had a trainee start, he was a tad slow i must admit. :whistling:

So off to the timber yard I went and arranged with the guy there that I will send the trainee in for some right angled nails...

He obviously had some made up after this.

Off I went... Back into Prestige, told everybody what I was about to do.

So I went to ask the trainee for a favour...

" Could you go across to the tinber yard and get me some right angled nails..."

He only came back and was asked by the timber yard guy, what length...

I told him, get me some 3" ones... Off he went again and came back with 10 3" right angled nails in a brown paper bag... We all giggled for dayz... He still did'nt know what we had done till after a week :D

:o  :o  :o

:lol::lol::lol::crybaby:

That has to be the funniest one here!!!

The nearest i have come to this was a couple of years ago in San fransico, out at a bar with a few friends (all bars are non-smoking), so I stood up an announced I was going outside for a fag....

Of course, it felt like the whole bar turned at stared at me... :blush:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links