Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Second week with my 2018 GS and loving it. I had Premium Nav on my RCF albeit with the smaller screen so everything should be easy, but one little thing is irritating the hell out of me. By default I want to see arrival times rather than travel times - it’s my ETA and I don’t want to have to calculate it. I’ve watched countless YouTubers and scoured the hundreds of pages on the detailed PDF for the system. Below I show what I believe to be the correct menu options, but I also show below what I actually get. So my question is, have they deleted this option, am I missing something, or is my system not right. If any of you can help that would be fantastic. Thank you!

7D6C02FE-D7F7-468B-B51B-21E7D63A7DA1.png

FDCA96F7-6759-4845-85E9-CD5F2800A2D9.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

My 18 year old Merc shows ETA but my 11 year old GS does not.

Some do, some don`t, some will and some wont John.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Legendliving said:

Second week with my 2018 GS and loving it. I had Premium Nav on my RCF albeit with the smaller screen so everything should be easy, but one little thing is irritating the hell out of me. By default I want to see arrival times rather than travel times - it’s my ETA and I don’t want to have to calculate it. I’ve watched countless YouTubers and scoured the hundreds of pages on the detailed PDF for the system. Below I show what I believe to be the correct menu options, but I also show below what I actually get. So my question is, have they deleted this option, am I missing something, or is my system not right. If any of you can help that would be fantastic. Thank you!

7D6C02FE-D7F7-468B-B51B-21E7D63A7DA1.png

FDCA96F7-6759-4845-85E9-CD5F2800A2D9.jpeg

Hi John, I had this exact same problem on my RX, and I'm trying to remember how I resolved it. I could be wrong, but I think the Travel Time/Arrival Time only appear once you start driving on your chosen route, not before you set off. I'll try and check my navigation tomorrow and see if I can spot anything else.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mikey2001 said:

Hi John, I had this exact same problem on my RX, and I'm trying to remember how I resolved it. I could be wrong, but I think the Travel Time/Arrival Time only appear once you start driving on your chosen route, not before you set off. I'll try and check my navigation tomorrow and see if I can spot anything else.

+1 to this, other options will only appear once you're following a navigated road as it's unable to predict until it's en route.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried it today and of course you were both right. This version of Premium Nav needs you to set off before it commits to an ETA. Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe need more help as I work through the million other features. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2021 at 8:17 PM, royoftherovers said:

My 18 year old Merc shows ETA but my 11 year old GS does not.

Some do, some don`t, some will and some wont John.

good evening royoftherovers John, i thought you may of congratulated ledgendliving John for

taking the time to read his car manual before asking a question on the forum.

well i'll say it ....John well done for reading the manual.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 200h said:

good evening royoftherovers John, i thought you may of congratulated ledgendliving John for

taking the time to read his car manual before asking a question on the forum.

well i'll say it ....John well done for reading the manual.

More than happy to do so Mark. Thanks for doing it for me. Real Teamwork !

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2021 at 7:20 PM, Legendliving said:

This version of Premium Nav needs you to set off before it commits to an ETA.

That’s one of the many reasons why I use my Garmin.  Apart from not being prepared to pay significant sums for updates - even if still available- which come free four times a year with the Garmin.

Having to wait until you’ve set off before you get an estimated time of arrival is not really conducive to efficient journey planning!  Whoever thought that was a good idea?

My Garmin calculates an initial ETA based on the type of route preferences selected.  As you use the system the travel logs use the past data to further refine the ETA by making an allowance for your driving style.

As you approach your destination it’s further refined by your rate of progress on that journey. And if slow moving traffic is reported further along the route.

Now, how hard can that all be? 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership