Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus service = £495

Pastore

Just now, ColinBarber said:

If it's a Toyota dealer that also has a Lexus franchise then they normally won't do it. Even if they don't I believe their Techstream license won't make Lexus vehicles available and they also risk upsetting Toyota GB which could ultimately lead to a loss of franchise.

Lexus charge more than Toyota because it's a higher luxury brand, the vehicle is more expensive and a belief that the owners have more disposable income. Plus the cost of running the dealership is more (building interiors, loan vehicles etc.).

All true and I don`t disagree Colin.

This latest move however has not been communicated properly within or without Toyota/Lexus. It is seen by many as disingenuous. It has undoubtedly upset and offended some owners and will manifest itself in my view by more owners seeking alternatives to Lexus/Toyota vehicles, seeking more Indies for advice and servicing, seeking more people capable of maintaining Hybrid Batteries and lower Customer Satisfaction Ratings being given  when completing Surveys.

I do hope that Lexus U.K. drops in occasionally to read some or all of the views being aired on this Forum. It would be really nice if they did and perhaps they might explain the Lexus Rationale for its actions ? 

14 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

It would be really nice if they did and perhaps they might explain the Lexus Rationale for its actions ? 

It's been done at a Toyota European level. Not sure Lexus in GB (which is just a couple of desk in Toyota GB offices) can do much, although it obviously been spun as a positive for the customer. Toyota owners are the ones the loose the most as the manufacturers warranty goes from 5 to 3 years.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MadJam250 said:

At the end of the day, the CT is a Prius. Why does Toyota charge at least £100 less to service a Prius against a CT? 

I presume that you addressed this question to me, Martin, as you had attached it to one of my posts.  But I see that you've already had two far better responses than I could have given, so I hope they answer your question.

I would add, however, that from the manufacturer's pov, maintaining the price differential as a marketing tool is not to be underestimated.  It's also possible that if you were to consult the manufacturer's service manuals of the two brands, and try to relate them to comparable models, there might be some differences in details and labour times.

As for you quoting my original post, maybe I didn't make myself clear.  I was actually responding to your earlier statement:

22 hours ago, MadJam250 said:

Seems wrong that cars of that age have to pay the same price for servicing as new ones.

It was nothing to do with brand comparisons.  It was to do with the expectation that older cars should be cheaper to service.  I hope that clears that up.🙂

!

3 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Len, it is interesting to note that the Service Schedule is identical for cars that have done 20,000 and 120,000 miles !

Apropos the point about expecting servicing costs to reduce with vehicle age,…yes indeed it is, John.

Surely most things cost more to maintain as they get older.  I know I do.

42 minutes ago, LenT said:

!

Apropos the point about expecting servicing costs to reduce with vehicle age,…yes indeed it is, John.

Surely most things cost more to maintain as they get older.  I know I do.

Mrs Roy tells me that I am beyond servicing Len!

Best wishes.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Mrs Roy tells me that I am beyond servicing Len!

Best wishes.

My understanding John, was, it is the female of the line who gets "covered" so are you in reality Joanna and your nom de plume Rowana of the Rovers? We deserve an answer 🤔

4 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

My understanding John, was, it is the female of the line who gets "covered" so are you in reality Joanna and your nom de plume Rowana of the Rovers? We deserve an answer 🤔

Perhaps alluding to the immortal thinking of our colleague and friend Paul nrx

I am absolutely certain Phil that you are definitely, maybe, almost, spot on.

On 6/7/2021 at 4:45 PM, Pastore said:

No problem, 

LEXUS = £495 

JEM, North London = £235

Japex, Kings Langley = emailed, waiting for reply. Will update... 

Kwik fitt - £195 with NHS discount

as far as i am aware kwikfit can't / wont service a hybrid vehicle

also make sure they will be using 0 - 20w oil for your car

On 6/13/2021 at 7:12 PM, 200h said:

as far as i am aware kwikfit can't / wont service a hybrid vehicle

also make sure they will be using 0 - 20w oil for your car

Some of the them do, got one done before with my prius so depends where you go. 

I will defo check the oil, thanks. 

47 minutes ago, Pastore said:

Some of the them do, got one done before with my prius so depends where you go. 

Not sure they will do the brake fluid - on their site they only test the fluid rather than change it. There is a special procedure to change the fluid on a hybrid which they may not be familiar with.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Not sure they will do the brake fluid - on their site they only test the fluid rather than change it. There is a special procedure to change the fluid on a hybrid which they may not be familiar with.

Your right, no point going kwik fit. 

Thanks 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links