Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Loving my Lexus RX400H - but what next?

Hello! I have a Lexus RX400H from 2005 and I love it, has served me well since forever despite being so long in the tooth. Recently also got a brand new high spec Skoda Kodiaq and yes it's probably the best car I've driven... except for the Lexus. What can I say, the seats are luxury comfortable, it's a breeze to drive, never any issues (besides CAT being stolen) and yes.

So question is, what would be the best follow up to the lexus? Just go for the obvious RX450H? Or something else. (oh and I'm in the UK).

And if so then does it make sense on these kinds of cars to lease or to buy outright? Could easily have it for next 5-10 years but then the world is changing fast with electric taking over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zishan555 said:
Hello! I have a Lexus RX400H from 2005 and I love it, has served me well since forever despite being so long in the tooth. Recently also got a brand new high spec Skoda Kodiaq and yes it's probably the best car I've driven... except for the Lexus. What can I say, the seats are luxury comfortable, it's a breeze to drive, never any issues (besides CAT being stolen) and yes.

So question is, what would be the best follow up to the lexus? Just go for the obvious RX450H? Or something else. (oh and I'm in the UK).

And if so then does it make sense on these kinds of cars to lease or to buy outright? Could easily have it for next 5-10 years but then the world is changing fast with electric taking over.

With the Skoda available, do you really need another SUV? If not, luxury saloons seem to represent good value at the moment - how about an LS500h? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 3:50 PM, Herbie said:

RX450h all day long.

Thanks! That's what I'm thinking. By the way the Skoda has adaptive cruise control (so it changes according to distance), that's the only thing I really miss on the lexus but on my shopping list for the next car.

On 6/28/2021 at 3:58 PM, Spacewagon52 said:

Out of interest when did you buy your 400h?

What mileage did it have when you bought it?

What mileage does it have now?

Sure. So it was about £7k when I bought it in 2016 and it's a 2005 reg, one lady owner (it was a doctor actually!) and it was 70k on the clock and pristine condition, looked like the back seats had never been sat in. Now it's about 115k miles. It has developed a somewhat rickety creaky feel to it which I think is more to do with age than usage as almost all my miles are weekend motorway miles.

On 6/28/2021 at 4:29 PM, First_Lexus said:

With the Skoda available, do you really need another SUV? If not, luxury saloons seem to represent good value at the moment - how about an LS500h? 

The wife is using the skoda more and more so it's not practical for me to rely on it. 

That LS500 is a tempting option. That front grill is divisive though, my goodness. 

You don't say from what I read whether you want a new or newer car.  If ACC is a prerequisite, be aware that a small proportion of even the third generation 450h cars had ACC - I have driven one though not my current car.  Then there is the NX possibility.  But as has been said, you need to establish whether you really want an SUV as more choice at less cost in a good near new saloon or maybe a good estate would be suitable.  There are so many factors to consider that may apply to a greater or lesser extent to you and your requirements, that it is difficult to advise. 

• Like 1

Herbie is right.. RX450h.. I had a RX400h like you did for 8 years. Now I'm in the 450, its a magical experience: Ride is leagues ahead of the 400, as is steering and power delivery and the technology is brilliant.. No contest ... get one as quick as you can. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RXJasonRX said:

Herbie is right.. RX450h.. I had a RX400h like you did for 8 years. Now I'm in the 450, its a magical experience: Ride is leagues ahead of the 400, as is steering and power delivery and the technology is brilliant.. No contest ... get one as quick as you can. 

I find the 400h quite comfortable, so the 450h is leagues ahead - then it must be good.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links