Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Window Trick? Driver controls not working.

Driver's controls not working to raise / lower windows. I have searched the forum for this issue but only found one concerning an IS 300h. I tried opening and closing the window from the passenger switch and holding it up and down for 6 seconds but no luck. I have checked the manual John! Nothing about resetting the window switches.

Am I doing the reset right for the LS 400? I put all the windows down and left the car for an hour or so. No idea what I have done but they would not raise. Actually managed to get the drivers window to work but non of the others on the drivers switch - only on the corresponding door switch. 

Meant to be going away in her tomorrow! 

Any thoughts or suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Just discovered central locking and seat settings not working, so it may be a fuse?

I have checked P RR Door and D RR Door both 20A and they have not blown. Have I checked the correct fuse for the driver's door switches? Any other fuses I need to check?  The Drivers window switch works the drivers window? Confused to say the least.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 minute ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Just discovered central locking and seat settings not working, so it may be a fuse?

I have checked P RR Door and D RR Door both 20A and they have not blown. Have I checked the correct fuse for the driver's door switches? Any other fuses I need to check?  The Drivers window switch works the drivers window? Confused to say the least.

Any help would be appreciated.

thumbnail_IMG_2511.jpg

32 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and try again David.

Herbie you are a STAR! Yes everything reset and working! I had forgotten about disconnecting the Battery, as I have read this before but when things go wrong you tend to clutch at straws or fuses! Thank you! Well worth remembering. The old girl did talk to me for about three minutes, making all sorts of noises but all seems fine.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Herbie you are a STAR! Yes everything reset and working! I had forgotten about disconnecting the battery, as I have read this before but when things go wrong you tend to clutch at straws or fuses! Thank you! Well worth remembering. The old girl did talk to me for about three minutes, making all sorts of noises but all seems fine.

Glad it worked for you David.

I know people always laugh or take the mickey when computer techs say, "Have you tried turning it off and back on again?" but it often works. Removing the power lets everything reset instead of holding the fault condition.

Enjoy wherever it is you're off to tomorrow :thumbsup:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Herbie said:

Glad it worked for you David.

I know people always laugh or take the mickey when computer techs say, "Have you tried turning it off and back on again?" but it often works. Removing the power lets everything reset instead of holding the fault condition.

Enjoy wherever it is you're off to tomorrow :thumbsup:

Thank you! Not going far, two hour drive but I thought I would take the LS 400 as we do not have the dog. As I said Herbie, I forgot about the Battery Trick!

I did speak very nicely to the old girl and told her not to worry! It is amazing how these cars repair themselves given a little help.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

It is amazing how these cars repair themselves given a little help.

Steven King's 'Christine' was the same.............

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tulpen said:

Steven King's 'Christine' was the same.............

My "Christine" S320CDI was not the same. If you fixed one thing, 4 more things broke. 🙄

• Haha 2

Glad you got it fixed for the trip.🙂

For a simple reset I usually do the same. Disconnect the negative lead on the Battery for a minute or two and then reset all of the lost settings but it doesn't always reset the memory seat function.

To reset the SC430 seats the procedure below works. I haven't found anything to confirm it but it may be similar for the LS.

image.thumb.png.f6adadab86e68c51382564de66cdc328.png

The LS seats may not beep but try adjusting them to the end of each forward, backward and tilt adjustment.

To reset the windows this usually does the trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kowPAsiuxhs

I've also read that the windows should be rolled fully up and down twice then hold the button for 2 seconds with the window shut. Do it for all windows and that should complete the reset and restore full functionality.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Malc said:

and the Hokey Cokey   ???:unsure:

Malc

The in-out Hokey Cokey procedure is for the in car key programming. 🙂

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links